Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Permabanned
House looks lovely, not big on the massive reflective fridge/freezer combo in the kitchen mind (kitchen generally could use some modernising imo!).

The garden is insane though, really nice. I am not a big "garden" person as I get hayfever etc, but if I didn't suffer that would be heaven.

It adds quite a bit of light and looks better in the flesh than photos. Also the kitchen might look old style, but all the appliances, cupboards and surfaces are practically new - it's had a very recent overhaul. It was an older lady who lived there before, she's just had to be taken into care which is why this house became available.

Yeah the garden is wonderful... almost as big as the one I had in France but in a much nicer condition... think we're going to get a gardener to keep it in nice condition.

Got to get yourself a ride on mower. A real cool one with twin exhaust and go faster stripes.

They left me one to use - it just needs a new battery and tyre and it's good to go :D

Don't think it has go-faster stripes or a twin exit exhaust, however.

What do you do that requires Internet that fast? :eek:

Also, I sat in a Caterham a while back. I had never actually been near one before and didn't realise just how massive they are! Pictures make them look quite small I reckon, sort of like a larger go kart or something.

Require? Nothing... want... lots... I've wanted a proper FTTP connection for ages.

The main benefit for me is reduction in lag... 2-3ms to most UK data centers and sub-10ms to sites on an FTTC connection... fantastic for remote work via vpn/rdp or other remote control means... also gaming and just general web surfing is much better. it took under 2 minutes to download CS:GO yesterday and playing on servers with 2ms ping is rather nice. Even BF1 servers are hiting as low as 3ms ping.

I don't upload large files that often either, but having it there when I want or need it is really nice. I'm now also going to host my personal websites from home, also my exchange server.

I suppose they're a decent size, wouldn't call them massive though hehe... this one has 260BHP and does 0-60mph in about 3.0 seconds.

Paying them that much money then still getting charged £2/month for a static IP is a bit tight of them lol

Yeah... one thing that annoyed me (and some other people going by forums) is that for home connections, they also don't allow you to put the router in bridge mode, the feature is disabled for home users... so my overpowered pfsense box isn't going to be able to do anything. I still have an active DNS server at home though, which drops a few ms off general web surfing.

@crinkleshoes wife back in Welwyn working now? You're not far from where my Mum lives, which village are you in?

Not Welwyn, no... she's in Hatfield Peverel for work... I bounce around a few places & just interviewed for a new position as Technical Director yesterday.

We're not even really "in" any village... we're closest to Moreton, Ongar.

Soldato
That is an amazing garden, I'm a big fan of detached bungalows as you tend to get a lot of space around you but that is a lovely patch.

Congrats you must be doing well :D

Soldato
My first radio, Baofeng GT-5TP with a USB programming cable and Opsmen eArmour M32 electronic hearing protection with boom mic, some triple AAA's for them to work and a new face mask since the old one wouldn't work anymore.

IMG_20170613_173014.jpg

They fit on the side of my fast helmet. They have mics on the outside that allows you to hear further. Testing them out, it's pretty amazing how much sounds they pick up. I can hear things that I wouldn't normally be able to hear, kinda weird to get used to it.

IMG_20170613_173030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom