Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Commissario
Well I've only had it for a few days and it seems perfectly fine. Performance over the USB2 on my old iMac is slow but that's what I'd expect. I'm effectively just getting it all ready for when the new computer arrives when it'll be a lot faster via USB-C.

Soldato
I've had a Drobo in the past but had too many issues with it. The hardware was a bit iffy, I had 3 replacement units because the fans failed then it would randomly decide that the volume had died. I spoke with Drobo about it and they gave me a new firmware to test. All was well until a few months later when the volume did fail (even though each drive was fine) and my data was gone. It went in the bin. Admittedly it was a first generation Drobo but I've avoided them since.

Don
Well I've only had it for a few days and it seems perfectly fine. Performance over the USB2 on my old iMac is slow but that's what I'd expect. I'm effectively just getting it all ready for when the new computer arrives when it'll be a lot faster via USB-C.

Oh... I wrongly assumed it was a NAS - didn't realise they even made Direct Attached versions. Surely a but expensive for what it is, when the 5N is only about £50 more?

Soldato
NAS > Direct storage. Unless you need speed, but then I'd use internal drives. I suppose DAS would be useful if you need to transfer or copy massive amounts of data quickly between computers as NAS over a LAN would be consideribly slower.

fez

fez

Caporegime
NAS > Direct storage. Unless you need speed, but then I'd use internal drives. I suppose DAS would be useful if you need to transfer or copy massive amounts of data quickly between computers as NAS over a LAN would be consideribly slower.

Depends if you have a wired network. A wired network is ridiculously quick at transferring files.

V F

V F

Soldato
Chuckling reading the astroturf posts, to scalextric, to pterodactyl phone posts, to diving from the room window... So many comedians.

Man of Honour
Following on from this thread:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...rey-porter-46-vs-osprey-farpoint-40.18784907/

Osprey Farpoint 40 backpack which will allow me to travel without worrying about taking a case. It's just about the largest travel backpack that's small enough to for airline cabin take-on. It's really nicely made and has pockets for a laptop and a main packing area. It can also be carried like a case, or with a shoulder strap, or as a backpack. Now I need to fly somewhere to try it out :)

U3MyEFI.jpg

QNXbiW9.jpg

Soldato
Following on from this thread:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...rey-porter-46-vs-osprey-farpoint-40.18784907/

Osprey Farpoint 40 backpack which will allow me to travel without worrying about taking a case. It's just about the largest travel backpack that's small enough to for airline cabin take-on. It's really nicely made and has pockets for a laptop and a main packing area. It can also be carried like a case, or with a shoulder strap, or as a backpack. Now I need to fly somewhere to try it out :)
[/QUOTE]

I use an Osprey somethingorother 75. I just remove the metal bars and take it on as carry on. Never had an issue. I like the flexibility of one bag that can do everything rather than two bags. But, Osprey make great bags so good shout on them.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom