Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Not out of the box, you'd need to slide an RFID blocking card between it and the card or cards you want blocked.

But the need for RFID blocking is rather overblown by social media anyway, so you're not really securing anything that would have been at risk anyway.

Agree about it being overblown from a security perspective. But on some contactless terminals I've had a 'present only one card' error when using it to pay. 90% of the time it works fine though, but I might pick up a card to put next to my main payment card to avoid the issue in future.

Soldato
Seeing that card has made me think. I always take my bank card out of my wallet to use contactless, but when i'm swiping in to get into work i just hold my wallet up.

I might aswell just start holding my wallet up for payments! Although i would have to stop carrying around so many cards!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Aye that's where the slide in RFID cards come in handy, so your main contactless card is always the one detected.

I just use Samsung/Android Pay everywhere though :p

Seeing that card has made me think. I always take my bank card out of my wallet to use contactless, but when i'm swiping in to get into work i just hold my wallet up.

I might aswell just start holding my wallet up for payments! Although i would have to stop carrying around so many cards!

It's why I got it, to lose the bulk of carrying many cards. Now all of my loyalty cards are on Samsung Pay, and I only carry around the travel NFC card, bank cards and driving license, as well as £20 cash.

Because mobile contactless has no limit, I rarely have to remove a card any more but keep them to hand just incase the app goes down.

It's happened a few times!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Didn't know that....May look in to it a bit more

Be wary that some stores limit the actual PDQ terminal to £30 max for contactless of course. Nando's have a hardware set limit, for example, but other places like bigger retail stores and car dealers don't!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Because mobile contactless has no limit, I rarely have to remove a card any more but keep them to hand just incase the app goes down.

It's happened a few times!

I thought AP was limited to £100 if authenticated? Is that not the case anymore?

Edit: looks like it is indeed unlimited now, nice. Shame some retailers can still limit it themselves though, makes you look a bit silly when it fails!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I thought AP was limited to £100 if authenticated? Is that not the case anymore?

Edit: looks like it is indeed unlimited now, nice. Shame some retailers can still limit it themselves though, makes you look a bit silly when it fails!

Shop staff have no idea either, they all assume £30 limit even when not. I remember watching a server's face get blown away as she looked puzzled at a restaurant when she came over to take the payment, she goes "It won't work it's £30 only!" I knew it would work in that place.

So I can use my iPhone to pay any amount using contactless? Tbf, it is much more secure than a card because of touch and face ID.
+
Unless you're chinese in which case your random co-worker may turn out to be your nemesis!

Racist! I use iris scanning to auth it, works fine, unless you have blue or green eyes :p

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Shop staff have no idea either, they all assume £30 limit even when not. I remember watching a server's face get blown away as she looked puzzled at a restaurant when she came over to take the payment, she goes "It won't work it's £30 only!" I knew it would work in that place.

Indeed, I've been there many times. Also once when I was confident it would work (it was about £45 ish) - Turns out the retailer had put a hard limit of £30 on all contactless. Made me look a bit silly. :mad:

Which is why it would be nice to have a sign or something to tell you of such limits.

Back
Top Bottom