Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Nice that you are leaving from Haneda too, much closer.

I was trying to fly in and out of Haneda but couldn't make the times work. Would have meant leaving in the early afternoon and preferred being in Tokyo all day on my final day.

I'm a bit annoyed I'm flying out the worse (albeit better situated) airport as I'll have longer there but hey ho! An airports an airport really. As long as it's not Luton!

Caporegime
I was trying to fly in and out of Haneda but couldn't make the times work. Would have meant leaving in the early afternoon and preferred being in Tokyo all day on my final day.

I'm a bit annoyed I'm flying out the worse (albeit better situated) airport as I'll have longer there but hey ho! An airports an airport really. As long as it's not Luton!

To be fair, even though Narita is the further one out, it is not really THAT far. I took the bus there from the hotel and its only an hour. Which is nothing.

Do you have an itinerary yet? I am a little envious btw….so a point where I thought about going back this year on my way to Taiwan but it was so much more expensive compare to a stop in Hong Kong. So want to go back ASAP.

Last edited:
Soldato
zsls2o.jpg

Soldato
To be fair, even though Narita is the further one out, it is not really THAT far. I took the bus there from the hotel and its only an hour. Which is nothing.

Do you have an itinerary yet? I am a little envious btw….so a point where I thought about going back this year on my way to Taiwan but it was so much more expensive compare to a stop in Hong Kong. So want to go back ASAP.

Not at all! I'm actually going to Istanbul for a week at the end of April so planning that one.

I'll be going to Osaka & Kyoto as well, don't think there'll be time to get down to Hiroshima. Otherwise it'll be a lot of walking, eating and arcades! Will certainly be reviewing your thread for inspiration.

Need to pick somewhere good for my actual 30th as well, a day of great food it'll be and I'm sure I'll be spoilt for choice.

Anything you'd suggest I absolutely must do?

Caporegime
Not at all! I'm actually going to Istanbul for a week at the end of April so planning that one.

I'll be going to Osaka & Kyoto as well, don't think there'll be time to get down to Hiroshima. Otherwise it'll be a lot of walking, eating and arcades! Will certainly be reviewing your thread for inspiration.

Need to pick somewhere good for my actual 30th as well, a day of great food it'll be and I'm sure I'll be spoilt for choice.

Anything you'd suggest I absolutely must do?

I’ve got Germany next month too and Hong Kong and Taiwan in October. No itinerary for either too!

For Japan, my must do are mostly food, so must eats. But Kyoto is a MUST, Arashiyama at 7am is a must, Fushimi Inari at 7am is a must. Spend at least 4 days in Kyoto, take your time, don’t rush it. Did you know that Kyoto was originally one of the cities on the list to be bombed but were taken off the list because one of the Americans (some higher up) went there on holiday with his wife and loved it and didn’t want to see it levelled.

The entire city should be treasured, I love it.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I’ve got Germany next month too and Hong Kong and Taiwan in October. No itinerary for either too!

For Japan, my must do are mostly food, so must eats. But Kyoto is a MUST, Arashiyama at 7am is a must, Fushimi Inari at 7am is a must. Spend at least 4 days in Kyoto, take your time, don’t rush it. Did you know that Kyoto was originally one of the cities on the list to be bombed but were taken off the list because one of the Americans (some higher up) went there on holiday with his wife and loved it and didn’t want to see it levelled.

The entire city should be treasured, I love it.
Did you fall into a Hot Tub Time Onsen? There isn't much left of old Kyoto to treasure.

Soldato
Bought a grade A thinkpad x220 for just over £100, bios locked so tried to follow a guide to short the eeprom to clear the password but ended up killing the eeprom instead. £30 for a new motherboard and decided to upgrade to an IPS screen also. Love the feel of the laptop and £200 is a bit of bargain in my eyes. Also came with an official windows 10 licence but will probably put FreeBSD on it.

j2tHBSSl.jpg
7zAu7Ywl.jpg

Associate
Bought a grade A thinkpad x220 for just over £100, bios locked so tried to follow a guide to short the eeprom to clear the password but ended up killing the eeprom instead. £30 for a new motherboard and decided to upgrade to an IPS screen also. Love the feel of the laptop and £200 is a bit of bargain in my eyes. Also came with an official windows 10 licence but will probably put FreeBSD on it.

j2tHBSSl.jpg
7zAu7Ywl.jpg

I bought a cheap ThinkPad and just be aware that they were prone to overheating and shutting down at the slightest sniff of work.

I battled hard to even get it to clean install Windows 7 and I had to keep it downclocked to avoid the thermal trip with an i5 cpu.

If you've done a motherboard replacement you should be fine at least. :)

Back
Top Bottom