Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
I bought a cheap ThinkPad and just be aware that they were prone to overheating and shutting down at the slightest sniff of work.

I battled hard to even get it to clean install Windows 7 and I had to keep it downclocked to avoid the thermal trip with an i5 cpu.

If you've done a motherboard replacement you should be fine at least. :)

You must have had a bad one. I've a stack upstairs in my office to sell, probably 7 or 8 of them. We used them in a call centre, 40 of them.

All running windows 7, hammered day in and day out. I've never seen machines treated so badly. They had:

Missing keys
network port wires being completely mashed
drinks knocked over them
dropped
covered in stickers and food crumbs

They just kept going.

The only real issue I ever had with them was that they would boot up, show the splash screen and freeze. It was always down to mashed USB port wires touching. Use a lid from a biro, separate the USB pins and bang some tape over it to stop it being used. Booted up and carried on working. (Classy quality company can you tell? :D lol)

Soldato
Picked this up on Saturday. A couple of little jobs to do straight away, engine cover and a squeal from the brakes so need to remove the backing disks.

2006 Gti DSG, 96K on the clock, heated electric leathers, cruise control, sunroof, xenons, £300 parrot system, highline dash, steering wheel controls, puddle lights and folding mirrors. Sure there are a few bits I've missed. It's been lowered on 17" wheels, so putting it back on OEM springs and putting the nicer 18's on them. It's also got a Miltek exhaust, cat back I think but need to get right under for a nosey.

Paid £4900 for it, not as fancy as some cars but shifts and puts a smile on my face. Took me 3 months to find this spec. Not a mark on the body either and interior looks like new apart from the door handles.

photos aren't great, nicked from ebay.

EPOoiww.png
Y12uxFt.png

Don
I really like the look of those HP Elitedesks...
What is it? just a mini pc of sorts?
The HP Elitedesks look great! :eek: Very pricey :eek:

It is just a tiny little PC - cup for scale (although it is one of those XL mugs).

It's an Elitedesk 800 G3 Desktop Mini.

Although small still packs a decent spec - i7 7700, 256GB M2 SSD, 8GB RAM (2 Sodimms), space for a 2.5" hard drive for more storage (hence the 2TB above), and importantly for use at work - support for 3 monitors (2 displayport, 1 VGA).

We moved to the HP Minis as soon as they were released - they have been supremely reliable (1 failure out of 90+ G1&G2 machines and that was covered by the 3year warranty). Huge benefits from the tiny form factor, in that they just get mounted under or behind desks, saving floor or desk space (which is important in small offices where each desk has 3 monitors).

Will be the first time I've used windows 10 as well, as moving completely from my current Windows 7 with XP VM setup (some legacy apps that have been too much trouble to change, until recently).

Soldato
Rosate 360 -- Can do a bit more weeding over the next 20 yrs - Just finished last one after 25yrs.

413837481.jpg

Man of Honour
Never tried the Simba but I sleep a lot better on memory foam than anything else.
Like office chairs beds are such a subjective thing. I have spent a lot on our own bed and it's a bespoke 2 sided thingy but is old school pocket sprint with multiple baby soft pets and pandas to deal with my burn the poor lifestyle.....but my pillows were 12 quid each from Dunelm as they kill the (up to 150 quid each) pillows I have tried over the years.

These Dunelm 12'ers are the best, but please keep it between us.

Back
Top Bottom