Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on it.
How are you getting in? I’ve been spurred on by your purchase to find a new pair. I tested them and all the competitors quite extensively this weekend and they all have their pros and cons.

B&W PX - good sound but complete bull problem with the earpieces.... my glasses broke the seal and made the sound anaemic / bass light. Without glasses on - perfect. The pair I tried in John Lewis didn’t have this problem but I didn’t want to risk buying a pair and having to remove my glasses to get the best out of them. Comfort was adequate. Connectivity is purportedly great.

Sony 1000mx2 (or whatever) - great sound, super cool muting features. Connectivity is purportedly great. Only problem... too hot! I could feel my ears warm imminently after putting them on. Not a good sign.

Bose QC35ii - comfiest by far and the lightest / coolest. Also excellent sound, actually my favourite of the three. However, dogged by my prior bad experience. I sent my girlfriend round the shop with my phone in her pocket to ensure an adequate Bluetooth connection. Seemed all good - perhaps they have silently resolved the issue with version ii?

I ended up getting the Bose in the end, fingers crossed they survive outside when commuting and don’t go all crappy :p

@Raymond Lin - FYI :p

Man of Honour
Also - I bought (or rather got bought) some tile keyfobs to stop me bawling like a baby everytime I misplace my keys and wallet... which is everyday :o

Here’s one of the two:

xtPJfwH.jpg

Mega impressed - works around the whole house and you can even use the fobs to call your phone when the phone is on silent. The only drawback is that the batteries can’t be replaced and they are quite expensive (£50 for two in store at least) but, eh - if they last a year that’ll do!

Nitefly approved for sure.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
@Nitefly mine have been flawless so far when used with my Pixel 2. I tried the Sony's as well and agree they sound great and the noise cancellation is better, but they weren't as comfortable and were larger. As I'll be using these in the gym the heat would be an issue.

Firmware updated when I first connected the QC35s to the app.

Caporegime
How are you getting in? I’ve been spurred on by your purchase to find a new pair. I tested them and all the competitors quite extensively this weekend and they all have their pros and cons.

B&W PX - good sound but complete bull problem with the earpieces.... my glasses broke the seal and made the sound anaemic / bass light. Without glasses on - perfect. The pair I tried in John Lewis didn’t have this problem but I didn’t want to risk buying a pair and having to remove my glasses to get the best out of them. Comfort was adequate. Connectivity is purportedly great.

Sony 1000mx2 (or whatever) - great sound, super cool muting features. Connectivity is purportedly great. Only problem... too hot! I could feel my ears warm imminently after putting them on. Not a good sign.

Bose QC35ii - comfiest by far and the lightest / coolest. Also excellent sound, actually my favourite of the three. However, dogged by my prior bad experience. I sent my girlfriend round the shop with my phone in her pocket to ensure an adequate Bluetooth connection. Seemed all good - perhaps they have silently resolved the issue with version ii?

I ended up getting the Bose in the end, fingers crossed they survive outside when commuting and don’t go all crappy :p

@Raymond Lin - FYI :p

Note to self - I must not buy more headphones.

Man of Honour
@Nitefly mine have been flawless so far when used with my Pixel 2. I tried the Sony's as well and agree they sound great and the noise cancellation is better, but they weren't as comfortable and were larger. As I'll be using these in the gym the heat would be an issue.

Firmware updated when I first connected the QC35s to the app.

Yeah I own the QC35 II and the Sony MDR-1000X2 and agree, the Bose are ever so slightly more comfortable and breath better, but I rarely use mine as the audio is so much better with the Sony imo, and the noise cancellation is leagues apart, again imo. Especially with the app, I find the Sony's adaptive NC so clever and useful, and even when just it's at max in the office or on a flight.

Using them in the gym? Hell no

Man of Honour
Yeah I own the QC35 II and the Sony MDR-1000X2 and agree, the Bose are ever so slightly more comfortable and breath better, but I rarely use mine as the audio is so much better with the Sony imo, and the noise cancellation is leagues apart, again imo. Especially with the app, I find the Sony's adaptive NC so clever and useful, and even when just it's at max in the office or on a flight.

It's a really hard thing to explain, but with the Bose it feels like I'm in a room with loud music playing, rather than a speaker being up to my ears. Maybe the speakers of the headphones are further away, or push less air? Not sure. Could have just been the compression on the demo music on the Sonys. Tbh without A/B-ing them I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference with sound, but temperature was immediately an issue for me. If it wasn't, I would have opted for the Sonys probably. If I didn't wear glasses, I may have gone for the B&Ws.

Suspended
8dtkXM.jpg

Belated pic

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Exactly, if I wasn't using them in the gym then I would have bought the Sonys.

Man of Honour
Exactly, if I wasn't using them in the gym then I would have bought the Sonys.

I meant I wouldn't wear either in the gym.

I've wrecked two pairs of Bose AE2W's in the gym, from sweat slowly ruining the ear cushions. Not great when you go home and notice your ears are caked in tiny black bits from them.

Back
Top Bottom