Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
New keyboard, the TADA68 white edition. It took a while to settle on this one. I wanted something smaller but also needed to have dedicated arrow keys. Needed to be programmable so I can put media keys on the function layer. The compromise was that it's ANSI, but it does mean it has better compatibility with key caps, as ISO are less common in sets.

Gateron brown mechanical switches.
White PBT keycaps.
Programmable.
White back light with adjustable levels.

Now I just need to buy a white braided cable. Ordered a custom walnut wrist rest which should arrive in a few weeks.

Typing is much better than the coolermaster master keys lite keyboard it replaces.

TADA68-1.jpg

TADA68-2.jpg

TADA68-3.jpg

TADA68-4.jpg

Man of Honour
A £21 TKL mechanical keyboard. It obviously doesn't feel anywhere as well made as my Razer Blackwidow and the key noise is quite high pitched (it has blue switches). But it's surprisingly good for £21 and that was full price. It's also very compact. But no backlighting. I bought it for my daughter to replace a cheap membrane one. But I may also get one for work. It's so small it will easily fit in our hot-desking lockers at work.

dgK4kAp.jpg

Logitech Triathlon mouse, also for my daughter. Again I'm so impressed with it that I may get one for work (this was bought massively reduced from a certain high street store which is closing down so very cheap again). It has the same hyperscrolling and multiple pairing as my MX Master. While it doesn't quite feel as well built it is a much better size.

KczKUnW.jpg

Transmission breaker
Don
A £21 TKL mechanical keyboard. It obviously doesn't feel anywhere as well made as my Razer Blackwidow and the key noise is quite high pitched (it has blue switches). But it's surprisingly good for £21 and that was full price. It's also very compact. But no backlighting. I bought it for my daughter to replace a cheap membrane one. But I may also get one for work. It's so small it will easily fit in our hot-desking lockers at work.
Using the same one here now. Very good for the price :D

Soldato

My brother got a cheapo mechanical keyboad and i was surprised how good it was. Its odd that a lot of companies switched to rubber dome keyboards as they're cheaper to manufacture and yet you can buy mechanical keyboards for less than some rubber dome keyboards now.. Makes you wonder how much profit some of the big brands are making from their £100+ mech keyboards.

This arrived today for free from Skinners Brewery because I had a cloudy ale! I didn't even complain, I just asked them if it was ok to drink a cloudy ale and they asked for my address and this arrived the next day by fedex!

Awesome customer service, although I hope no one that reads your post does the same to try and get free beer... Is it any good? i haven't heard of Skinners Brewery.

Soldato
vTKAU4H.jpg

This arrived today for free from Skinners Brewery because I had a cloudy ale! I didn't even complain, I just asked them if it was ok to drink a cloudy ale and they asked for my address and this arrived the next day by fedex!

One of my best mates used to work for Skinners — they don't do a bad pint. :D

Caporegime
My brother got a cheapo mechanical keyboad and i was surprised how good it was. Its odd that a lot of companies switched to rubber dome keyboards as they're cheaper to manufacture and yet you can buy mechanical keyboards for less than some rubber dome keyboards now.. Makes you wonder how much profit some of the big brands are making from their £100+ mech keyboards.

About £95 a go I reckon.

I have the same Aukey keyboard but with the numberpad, solid as a rock and I genuinely don't see what an extra £75 would get me beyond some lights and a lot of hotkey buttons that I never use anyway :p

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Those AuKey boards have lots of reviews stating that the letters wear off with light usage over a couple of weeks?? Is that still the case or have they done something about it? I'm tempted but don't want to be burned :)

Back
Top Bottom