Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
First gas BBQ tbh wish I had got one sooner. Far easier to use and the food tastes fantastic...

s2a3io.jpg

Impressive I'm sure, but I'm not quite sure what the point of a gas BBQ is?

You may as well cook the food in the kitchen and take it outside :p

Soldato
You may as well cook the food in the kitchen and take it outside :p

It’s not true though is it.

Unless you toast your sausages with a spit over a gas hob, there is no way in a kitchen to cook over an open flame (assuming you have an electric oven/grill).

It’s far easier and quicker than a charcoal BBQ, especially if you just want to do a couple of burgers or a few sausages like I did this afternoon. Ok, it may not taste exactly like a charcoal, but the benefits easily make up for it.

Commissario
A few bits I've picked up in the last week or two :)
I've already started assembling the models in the smaller box, and the filters are for the spray booth.I'm probably over cautious but as I undercoat with spray cans in the garage, even with the extractor I like to be careful. although to be honest since fitting the extractor the fumes from the spray cans are minimal even in use* but as I can be working with the airbrush for an hour at a go it's not worth the risk (the filters are only about £15 and last 6 months once opened, probably longer as it's particulates not vapours as such most of the time).
getstartedandfilters.jpg

*It used to be that after five minutes with a spray can in the garage the air was thick with dust and stank, now even with the mask off it's barely noticeable whilst doing it, and clears completely in about 5 minutes or so (you just get the smell of the paint outgassing as it cures).

Caporegime
Charcoal is capable of reaching far higher temperatures than most domestic gas grills, and it's also more fun. That said I have nothing against people that value convenience over those things. It's just personal preference.

Soldato
Charcoal is capable of reaching far higher temperatures than most domestic gas grills, and it's also more fun. That said I have nothing against people that value convenience over those things. It's just personal preference.

Charcoal BBQ'd food tastes better tbh

sBiccnN.jpg

Got this and going to make to some custom cables to go with it so I needed these as well....

9MDs6qz.jpg

And of course the desks I built over the weekend because previous desk wasn't big enough

All I need to buy now is the cable and MDPC-X and molex housings and connectors

Soldato
you are scum, low life scum,
if i knew your address id post charcoal laced poo through your letterbox,

i will always look upon you with disdain, you disgust me.

Meh not bothered....

Comparing a gas bbq to an indoor oven is a bit odd they are nowhere near the same. A gas bbq does not cook over a flame that would be burning. It cooks by heating plates which cook the food. The juices dripping onto the plates adds that bbq flavour. It’s a lot hotter far quicker than an indoor oven and the heat allows searing of the meat.....

Yeah I read the book that came with it...... lol

I have always had charcoal bbqs before but since getting this I won’t be going back. You can’t beat lighting the 4 burners and being at 350.c a couple of mins later...

Soldato
I have always had charcoal bbqs before but since getting this I won’t be going back. You can’t beat lighting the 4 burners and being at 350.c a couple of mins later...

You cant beat the lighting of the coals and the beers and conversation whilst waiting for it to be ready, adds to the “experience” for want of a better phrase of a bbq.

Or you could light some gas and cook some food on your oven.

I dont have a bbq to rush it, i enjoy the whole thing..... and the food tastes better on a charcol bbq

Soldato
Each to their own I still have a coal bbq but I prefer the new gas one. Used it twice now and no complaints about the food or conversation or lack of Beer..... lol

It’s not quick cooking food on a gas bbq it’s quick getting it hot for the initial searing of the meats then you turn it down and close the lid to cook. The juices dripping onto the hot plates is what gives the bbq taste.

I’m happy and think it’s great so blehhhh :)

Back
Top Bottom