Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

V_R

V_R

Soldato
CPU Cooler
Zalman CNPS9900 >> Be-quiet DRP 4

CPU
i7-4770K >> i7- 8700k

Motherboard

ZX87-OC >> Maximus X Formula Z370

Ram
16GB DDR3 1600mhz >> 32GB DDR4 3200mhz

C: Boot Drive
250GB SSD >> 500GB M.2 NVMe

Interested in your thoughts on this as your old specs are very close to my current ones and I wondered about upgrading. Was it much of a difference?

Associate
Is the white box for the cpu ? :confused:

Is it an ocuk binned cpu ?

It’s an OCUK OEM, too poor for the pre binned.
Hit 5ghz on the auto overclock with a Corsair AIO on it.
Turned the voltage down and turned it to 4.9ghz and it’s cool and quiet, very very happy with it.

Interested in your thoughts on this as your old specs are very close to my current ones and I wondered about upgrading. Was it much of a difference?

Ive gone from i5 4960k and 1300mhz ddr 3 to specs above I posted and I’m really happy with it.
Had my 1080ti since Xmas and it’s done ok, but it just feels so much faster coupled with the 8700k and faster ram

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Purchased a bottle of Prada Luna Rossa Black EDP this afternoon. Didn’t bother with a picture :p

This is gonna be my last bottle for a while. I have too many :D

Edit. I gave a few away, so my dailies are..

Chanel Bleu Parfum
Dior Homme Parfum
Dior Fahrenheit EDP
Prada Luna Rossa Black EDP

Quick apologies! I was slightly mistaken before. Was in The Perfume Shop today and noticed they had an entire wall of Dior, I've tried Fahrenheit before so knew that one, so tried a few sample pips of the others. All really nice, but all really expensive too. The girl serving then said she much preferred an Armani one called 'Stronger with you', sampled that and took an instant liking to it. It's got the wooden side of Creed, a little lighter though, with the musk of Fahrenheit. £68 for the 100ml bottle in a gift set which comes with a free travel vaporiser bottle as well. Turned out I also had £10 of discounts on my loyalty card so made use of that.

rps20180604_151357_417.jpg

£58 is rather a brilliant deal for all that really, and came with a free medium size leather travel bag as well.

Soldato
Looks good! I might have to give that one a try the next time I’m out in town ! Is it a new one ? I’ll read some fragrantica reviews later on. :D

Yeah Dior stuff is expensive! But the sillage, projection, and longevity is unmatched IMO. Dior Homme Parfum is a beast of a frag.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You own more perfume than my wife.

And she's the fancy type that likes to pamper herself with these kind of things.

Hey, smells are serious business!

Looks good! I might have to give that one a try the next time I’m out in town ! Is it a new one ? I’ll read some fragrantica reviews later on. :D

Yeah Dior stuff is expensive! But the sillage, projection, and longevity is unmatched IMO. Dior Homme Parfum is a beast of a frag.

I think it is the new one yeah, she said they had some new ones and that she preferred this to the others.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm not metro! Nothing agianst metros though. No offence.

Reading fragrance reviews is amusing, most are really "head-fi forum" esque. Others are quite funny :p

Not as bad as I expected. I wore Givenchy Pi for years before I got tired of smelling like a cake.

This time round it was actually. The gift set didn't include the bag, it was just the box set in the pic. The girl said if I wanted a free bag I could have it (it came free with another model). So yeah, this was actiually free this time.

Soldato
Sweet baby jesus. I always prefer maple fretboards, but that is one of the top 10 most aesthetic guitars I think I've ever seen. What was a 'reasonable' price?

Cheers! I've been lusting over this colour combination for months. I've noticed that rosewood fretboards aren't always as popular on strats, but I really think it works on the Sienna.

I paid £750. Was made in 2013, it's had a lot of play but the previous owner has really looked after it, no dings or scratches. It needs some fret work (I think) and a setup which I'm hopefully going to get sorted tomorrow. :)

Soldato
Is the tone difference between the different fretboard materials rather more academic than real-world noticeable? I certainly notice differences in the feel of a guitar depending on the fretboard material used, but if anything, that's got to be more down to the finish rather than the wood itself.

Back
Top Bottom