Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
It’s one of them colours you can only judge in person.

It must be a nightmare storing and finding the right car keys!

You’ll have to post a pic of all your cars lined up when they’ve arrived :cool:

Man of Honour
0SkyOnSBVk5Z2uSvscqt_eLMuU3TOIyQPSu8q-yWdATZVL3Fr9IcNdE2SpSP04zPHWVvPNpxmV4dEHhYS11EWrY9cXqb3LEn_v1Y.png

Thought I'd try some KEF R300s to replace the Q300s I had previously.

That's a brilliant setup :)

What monitor stand/mount are you using if you don't mind? I'm looking at getting something just like that for my streaming rather than take up loads of desk space having them side by side

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I think it looks okay, certainly an improvement over white.

I'd rather have it all in a colour like the purple just above the left hand side of the right hand light :D

Soldato
Thoughts on them?

Also what do you do? I presume some kind of podcast with the microphone like that?

So far, very similar signature to the Q300s, but there's a lot more 'air' to everything, a lot more soundstage, probably helped by the fact the mid/high driver doesn't have to do the work of the bass as well like in the Q300s. Bass is, of course, a lot more pronounced. These things can definitely thump! Only had them for a day so I need to break them in over the month to give a fair comparison to the 3-year-old Q300s.

I tried the LS50s for a month before this, and I just didn't get on with the LS50s as much. The 5-inch driver is good, but it was seriously lacking in the lows because of that, which made the mids and trebles really come forward and be emphasised greatly. Does it sound 'revealing'? Very much so, and some people love that. To me, it was exhausting when you listen to it all day - I needed something more musical, like the Q300s. R300s seemed like the next natural step instead of the LS50, even if the LS50s are 'better suited' to near-field usage.

I do finance related things at home, not podcasting or anything. I just like quality audio and that includes my own crappy Scottish voice!

That's a brilliant setup :)

What monitor stand/mount are you using if you don't mind? I'm looking at getting something just like that for my streaming rather than take up loads of desk space having them side by side

I stole it all from mrk, wait until he sees this! :eek:

The mount was a Doublesight branded one - the problem is they don't sell it anymore, I don't think. I tried the VIVO one but I didn't like how it had two separate joints - it made the monitors stick out too much. This one has the horizontal joint as part of the pole and one single vertical joint, so everything is a lot closer to the edge of the desk.

TBH if I could (damn ceiling), I'd just mount them to the wall and leave the desk clean, but this is what I've got so far.

Back
Top Bottom