Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Permabanned
Baller status confirmed! You can never have too much flash :p

Hehe

Putting together a new home dev server. These are for a 10 disk Raid-10 array with 1 spare drive. Ordered a Dell R640, although that hasn't arrived yet:

2x Intel Xeon Silver 4114 (10C/20T) 2.2GHz Base 3.0GHz Boost
160GB RAM
2x 250GB Samsung 970 NVMe (R1)
10x 1TB Crucial MX500 (R10)
PERC H740P w/ 8GB NV Cache
Broadcom 57412 - 2x SFP+ & 2x 1GbE

Got a decent rack & UPS too... only reason I'm refreshing is because current server is on its way out and I don't think the relatively frequent power cuts we get out here help.

What array are you going to house them in?

Nate

Server has 10x 2.5" bays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
7DToplB.jpg

And to go with the new computer, a new desk. Ikea desk comfortable for two of us. Messy as its been a day but will look good in a couple of days. Looking to get a couple of new monitors, monitor arm, new mouse mats, a new keyboard and some cable management. OCD has been going overtime with the shocking cable management under the desk.

Last edited:
Soldato
And to go with the new computer, a new desk. Ikea desk comfortable for two of us. Messy as its been a day but will look good in a couple of days. Looking to get a couple of new monitors, monitor arm, new mouse mats, a new keyboard and some cable management. OCD has been going overtime with the shocking cable management under the desk.

If it's one of the particle board desks I'd be very cautious of how much weight you're going to put on it and I wouldn't dare put a monitor arm on, those things destroy particle board over time and you end up with a chunk of desk missing and at worse a broken monitor

Associate
Hehe

Putting together a new home dev server. These are for a 10 disk Raid-10 array with 1 spare drive. Ordered a Dell R640, although that hasn't arrived yet:

160GB RAM

Got a decent rack & UPS too... only reason I'm refreshing is because current server is on its way out and I don't think the relatively frequent power cuts we get out here help.

As you’re spanking so much anyway, Why not just create a server in Azure? No risk of power or hardware failures.

Associate
If it's one of the particle board desks I'd be very cautious of how much weight you're going to put on it and I wouldn't dare put a monitor arm on, those things destroy particle board over time and you end up with a chunk of desk missing and at worse a broken monitor
Good to know! I didn't think about that. Its a light desk so I guess its cheap board. I think in this case I will stick to monitor stands, just make them the same.

Cheers

Associate
Hehe

160GB RAM

Wow, that’s a beast mate

Soldato
Good to know! I didn't think about that. Its a light desk so I guess its cheap board. I think in this case I will stick to monitor stands, just make them the same.

Cheers

If you remember the name of the desk you can check on Ikea website what it's made out of and if it has a rated weight loading, I think the cheaper ones are around 40kg weight so it should be okay for a couple of monitors and a pc but I wouldn't go much over that

Caporegime
yLYznAC.jpg

Another controller addition, played street fighter on a pad for years and decided to give this a go. Feels kind of odd almost as if you're "disconnected" from your character compared to a pad. Not sure what it is, might just be small movements are easier on a pad compared to a stick. Charge characters work well with it, getting consistent dragon punches is gonna take a while :p.

Can't complain for £35, solid little stick. :)

Back
Top Bottom