Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Phantom 3 Standard, Ikea Kallax and some Ikea tea light holder thingy.

2016-07-05%2000.12.17.jpg

Ooooh snazzy, it's like area 51.

I'm pretty sure the ikea unit is the wrong way round. The holes at the front should be at the back for mounting it against a wall.

Lol, no I am not bitter, but I assumed you would also think that based on that then this wouldn't be rare either.

My opinion is that rare means something difficult to find and difficult to get hold of, this could be down to a lot of factors. Something that is manufactured in limited quantities doesn't automatically becomes rare if all of them are still left on the shelf and easily obtained by anyone just walking into the store or clicking on a website. There is a correlation between availability and demand. Price is just an element that puts it beyond certain brackets of people but so price isn’t the sole factor. The 20th Anniversary PS4 is all over eBay and the web to be purchased. Sure the price has risen from its RRP although not by that much, but anyone could still get them a year on with the easy of a few clicks. In my experience a lot of the time when a product is released for the purpose of creating an aura of exclusivity, it seldom becomes "rare" as they are usually bought by people who have that thinking in mind and they are often kept in great condition so even as time passes by. Some even bought by people with the intention of selling so there is always a market created by them through that element in itself.

In short, it comes down to how easily I can go out and find one and buy it right now.

New PC time:

Gone from:
i7 920 @ stock
48GB RAM
Nvidia 980 GTX
2x 250GB SSDs
A few mechanical drives
Thermaltake Kandalf

To:
i7 6800 @ stock
64GB RAM
512GB SM961 M.2 SSD
NZXT H440

Also kept the Nvidia 980 GTX and the 2 SSDs. I got a NAS a little while back so don't need the mechanical drives any more. It's so quiet now.

Which motherboard did you have to go along with the i7 chip? I thought there was a limit of 24GB of RAM..

My opinion is that rare means something difficult to find and difficult to get hold of, this could be down to a lot of factors. Something that is manufactured in limited quantities doesn't automatically becomes rare if all of them are still left on the shelf and easily obtained by anyone just walking into the store or clicking on a website. There is a correlation between availability and demand. Price is just an element that puts it beyond certain brackets of people but so price isn’t the sole factor. The 20th Anniversary PS4 is all over eBay and the web to be purchased. Sure the price has risen from its RRP although not by that much, but anyone could still get them a year on with the easy of a few clicks. In my experience a lot of the time when a product is released for the purpose of creating an aura of exclusivity, it seldom becomes "rare" as they are usually bought by people who have that thinking in mind and they are often kept in great condition so even as time passes by. Some even bought by people with the intention of selling so there is always a market created by them through that element in itself.

In short, it comes down to how easily I can go out and find one and buy it right now.

Wonder how stalker coins are doing? :D

Back
Top Bottom