Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Suspended
Recently sold my SX2 as I wanted to move from Serato to Rekordbox. I tried the DDJ-1000, but it was just too much at over a grand. Pioneer recently released an excellent entry level controller in the DDJ-400. There is rumour there will be another mid level model, so while I wait for that, I bought the DDJ-400. I'm actually really pleased with it. For £250 it's excellent. Has basically the same layout as CDJ's and DJM mixer, plenty of features, nice jogwheels, gteat sound quality and when you consider it comes with a full rekordbox licence, which is worth over £100 on it's own, it becomes a stonking bargain!

1Tf7PYSl.jpg

You got any samples of finished tracks?

Soldato
Recently sold my SX2 as I wanted to move from Serato to Rekordbox. I tried the DDJ-1000, but it was just too much at over a grand. Pioneer recently released an excellent entry level controller in the DDJ-400. There is rumour there will be another mid level model, so while I wait for that, I bought the DDJ-400. I'm actually really pleased with it. For £250 it's excellent. Has basically the same layout as CDJ's and DJM mixer, plenty of features, nice jogwheels, gteat sound quality and when you consider it comes with a full rekordbox licence, which is worth over £100 on it's own, it becomes a stonking bargain!

1Tf7PYSl.jpg
That’s a mega deal. To get a DJ setup back in the day was the best part of a grand! You could buy cheap gear but the quality was horrific.

I’ve got my old gear packed away as it’s way too much hassle setting up, something like this is ideal if space is a premium.

Caporegime
That’s a mega deal. To get a DJ setup back in the day was the best part of a grand! You could buy cheap gear but the quality was horrific.

I’ve got my old gear packed away as it’s way too much hassle setting up, something like this is ideal if space is a premium.
It is very compact indeed. It’s only about 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep. Most people use it for bedroom DJ’ing, but you could do the likes of small halls and pubs with it. Easily good enough. Tbh. I’ll probably hold onto it even when I get the new model next year.

Soldato
It is very compact indeed. It’s only about 18 inches wide and 12 inches deep. Most people use it for bedroom DJ’ing, but you could do the likes of small halls and pubs with it. Easily good enough. Tbh. I’ll probably hold onto it even when I get the new model next year.
Does the pitch have 0.05% increments? If I wasn’t spending so much money on my bike at the moment I’d seriously consider one.

Caporegime
Does the pitch have 0.05% increments? If I wasn’t spending so much money on my bike at the moment I’d seriously consider one.
I think it’s 0.02%, but I can’t be too sure. Rekordbox shows .2%, but if memory serves me correctly, rekordbox only shows one decimal place, so the true pitch increment is 0.02%. The faders are long for such a cheap unit and it’s much easier to beatmatch using them.

Caporegime
Smart camera. Heard the noise performance is incredible.

It's ridiculously good, I've taken usable shots at 12800 - coming from a Canon the difference is incredible. In body stabilisation is good too.

Never knew they did screen protectors for car infotainment systems, will look into getting one for my A5. With the tech. pack, broken screens could be expensive! :eek:

You'll never a break a screen in normal use, the screen protectors do seem to reduce smudges and reflections though.

Soldato
I think it’s 0.02%, but I can’t be too sure. Rekordbox shows .2%, but if memory serves me correctly, rekordbox only shows one decimal place, so the true pitch increment is 0.02%. The faders are long for such a cheap unit and it’s much easier to beatmatch using them.
0.05% is enough for me, I’ve used gear that was 0.1% and it was awful, you had to pitch bend on the wheel or pitch slider just to keep it locked! Do you have any mixes online?

Caporegime
0.05% is enough for me, I’ve used gear that was 0.1% and it was awful, you had to pitch bend on the wheel or pitch slider just to keep it locked! Do you have any mixes online?
Afraid not no.

You shouldn’t have any problem keeping it locked with digital DJ’ing. There’s no belts or drives with variance and Rekordbox has a great time code engine and keeps everything locked solid. And if you are having problems, you’ve always got beat sync to rescue you. Don’t be afraid to use that, regardless of purists claiming that “it’s not proper DJ’ing“.

I’d get it if I were you. It’s small, portable and easy to use. Plus you have DSR, so if you can’t get on with it, you have 14 days to return it. £250 is just such a bargain, nothing else comes close at that price range. Your looking at low end Numark Mixtrack stuff at that range and it just doesn’t compare to a pioneer controller. As I said earlier, the software is worth £100, so in essence, the controller is like, £150. Crazy money!

Soldato
NDuvVNO.jpg.png

H6p7UJY.jpg.png

PBT double shot key caps for the WASD keys on my Ducky keyboard (PBT on the right). The red keys you get with the board are really thin and are ABS with a thin coating of colour over the top of a clear key, so the whole key lights up orange, rather than the light just shining through the letter. I saw these for £1.88 and expected the worst, but they seem really well made and are nice and thick. So after this test i have now ordered a full set to replace the rest of the keys in grey for £8!

I'm actually quite disappointed that Ducky make such a good keyboard, then give you these cheapy feeling ABS key caps with it. If you can get a full set of PBT caps for £8 from China inc shipping to the UK, then surely it would cost them next to nothing to use PBT caps instead of ABS..

Caporegime
^ Cost cutting is always worth it if creates a net present value to the shareholders. Tis disappointing but at the same time understandable if they think they can get away with it. Have you thought about emailing them / tweeting them with the same message?

Screen protector 'quirky', lol.

Soldato
Afraid not no.

You shouldn’t have any problem keeping it locked with digital DJ’ing. There’s no belts or drives with variance and Rekordbox has a great time code engine and keeps everything locked solid. And if you are having problems, you’ve always got beat sync to rescue you. Don’t be afraid to use that, regardless of purists claiming that “it’s not proper DJ’ing“.

I’d get it if I were you. It’s small, portable and easy to use. Plus you have DSR, so if you can’t get on with it, you have 14 days to return it. £250 is just such a bargain, nothing else comes close at that price range. Your looking at low end Numark Mixtrack stuff at that range and it just doesn’t compare to a pioneer controller. As I said earlier, the software is worth £100, so in essence, the controller is like, £150. Crazy money!
Think I’ll dig out my old gear and get it sold, proceeds will be more than enough to get a controller and some left for some new tunes!

Soldato
Finally decided to upgrade my 2500k, Gigabyte Aorus x470, 16GB Corsair LED 3000mhz and a Ryzen 2600. Should be a decent upgrade after 7 years!

H8JqIat.jpg

Enjoy. I upgraded to something similar not too long back (PC in sig.) from an old ancient Phenom X4 850. The difference is amazing. I was actually going to get that Aorus board myself, but there were none in stock anywhere so opted to drop the extra few quid and get the Strix instead. Now just got to wait for the 2070 to be released and I'll be set.

Back
Top Bottom