Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
After a three month wait with a few week delay our dining table finally arrived (well some of it still waiting for another chair and a bench)

Raan2iHh.jpg

k66XJwwh.jpg
k66XJww.hjpg

Caporegime
I feel pork force fed antibiotics, slaughtered without living life and the meat soaked in nitrates and smoke favouring more of an issue than field reared pigs on a biodynamic farm then cured in salt and sugar then smoked traditionally. I'll happily eat this all day long.

This is why I voted you the forums biggest hipster.
Biodynamic farming is nothing more than pseudoscience at best and utter bullcrap (pun intended) at worst. Free-range organic pork from an rspca approved farm fine, fill your boots, I'm completely on board as that's the meat I'd go for, just don't try and kid yourself about organic bacon!

Just so others can fully appreciate biodynamic farming practices...

"Biodynamic farming takes things a step further with a focus in traditional farming techniques as well as a desire to rely on universal or cosmic forces at hand in the environment.

An example of this is the timing used by these farmers to plant crops, as this is determined by the rhythm of the sun, stars and moon."

That's right baby! It's alllll about the celestial alignment. Can't be feeding your goats when Saturn is waning.

Soldato
Biodynamic farming is nothing more than pseudoscience at best and utter bullcrap (pun intended) at worst. Free-range organic pork from an rspca approved farm fine, fill your boots, I'm completely on board as that's the meat I'd go for, just don't try and kid yourself about organic bacon!

"Biodynamic farming takes things a step further with a focus in traditional farming techniques as well as a desire to rely on universal or cosmic forces at hand in the environment.

An example of this is the timing used by these farmers to plant crops, as this is determined by the rhythm of the sun, stars and moon."

That's right baby! It's alllll about the celestial alignment. Can't be feeding your goats when Saturn is waning.
At the end of the day though, it ensures enough attention and care is put into the process. Sometimes it's not about the actual deed, it's about the shift in attitude to get there. I'm sceptical about the mysticism element, but food which appears to be produced with more consideration for the big picture is right in my book.

Soldato
pigs on a biodynamic farm

Do you just buy anything with an edgy sounding buzzword in it ?

I have some binaural amplifier stones for sale to make the music you listen to sound better because they are perfectly aligned to the golden ratio via the earths geomagnetic astral positioning which keeps your audio perfectly in phase

Soldato

Exactly what i was thinking, minus all the guff about farming processes!

Tea Drinker
Don
At the end of the day though, it ensures enough attention and care is put into the process. Sometimes it's not about the actual deed, it's about the shift in attitude to get there. I'm sceptical about the mysticism element, but food which appears to be produced with more consideration for the big picture is right in my book.

Absolutely. It's a local farm where over half of the shop sold produce is produced on site. You could shop there and not have to go anywhere else it stocks everything. It happens to be biodynamic.

It's truly a community farm with no overall person or persons taking profit.

Apart from the woo woo I don't see how any of it can be criticised as sustainable.

Biodynamic method of farming
In common with other forms of organic agriculture, biodynamic agriculture uses management practices that are intended to "restore, maintain and enhance ecological harmony." Central features include crop diversification, the avoidance of chemical soil treatments and off-farm inputs generally, decentralized production and distribution, and the consideration of celestial and terrestrial influences on biological organisms. The Demeter Association recommends that "(a) minimum of ten percent of the total farm acreage be set aside as a biodiversity preserve. That may include but is not limited to forests, wetlands, riparian corridors, and intentionally planted insectaries. Diversity in crop rotation and perennial planting is required: no annual crop can be planted in the same field for more than two years in succession. Bare tillage year round is prohibited so land needs to maintain adequate green cover."

Soldato
Do you just buy anything with an edgy sounding buzzword in it ?

I have some binaural amplifier stones for sale to make the music you listen to sound better because they are perfectly aligned to the golden ratio via the earths geomagnetic astral positioning which keeps your audio perfectly in phase
I don't know about anyone else but this sounds amazing to me.

How much do you want for them ? :D

Do you work in sales by the way? because if you don't you should ;)

Caporegime
After a three month wait with a few week delay our dining table finally arrived (well some of it still waiting for another chair and a bench)

Raan2iHh.jpg

Whilst that looks nice, I don't really get the tables with the X-shaped legs as it removes a seating configuration option (sitting people at each end).

This impairs flexibility and reduces the maximum number of people you can seat at the table, all in the name of style. Classic example of form over function.

Soldato
Whilst that looks nice, I don't really get the tables with the X-shaped legs as it removes a seating configuration option (sitting people at each end).

This impairs flexibility and reduces the maximum number of people you can seat at the table, all in the name of style. Classic example of form over function.

I get that and it was something we spoke about but theres two if us and I reckon you could happily sit 3 either side alone. For the 2 days a year we have more than 6 people for dinner I imagine we can cope

Soldato
Well that's blatantly obvious or he wouldn't have bought it, but you never know when you might need to seat more than 6 and at that moment you'd wish you'd bought one with straight legs.

If there was an advantage to x-legs then I might understand...

Also just to add if there is more than 6 people there will likely be kids which could more than happily fit on the end. :)

Soldato

Inset the legs and cantilever the end of the table and not an issue?

Mine has X set legs but can easily sit each end.

How much was the table? I liked the look of industrial style legs ones that you posted but all rather expensive.

Back
Top Bottom