Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
So your lights are on all the time (albeit dimly until needed)? Isn't that a bit of a waste of electricity or am I missing something?

I perhaps didn't quite explain that properly. Lights come on at a certain time when it gets dark at a dimmed level. Motion sensor then allows the light to brighten up until a minute after no motion is detected. Then lights go off completely at 11pm. Then when motion is detected after 11pm, they come on very dim and again off after a minute of no motion.

Really handy for the landing if you get up in the night, landing light is on straight away, but very dim, just enough to see.

Definitely not wasting electric, as before hue bulbs, the landing and hallway lights would be on all evening at a fixed brightness.

Soldato
Great monitor. I've got the Q next to a PG279Q, and it'll be that way for a while yet.

I have to say though... what the heck is that desk?

It's been on fire, it's fine!

This desk is about 14 years old. I cannot explain the wear and tear apart from the keyboard tray that has eroded where my hand used to rest for WASD. I've looked for years to replace it but never found anything that took my fancy.

Soldato
Recently sold my SX2 as I wanted to move from Serato to Rekordbox. I tried the DDJ-1000, but it was just too much at over a grand. Pioneer recently released an excellent entry level controller in the DDJ-400. There is rumour there will be another mid level model, so while I wait for that, I bought the DDJ-400. I'm actually really pleased with it. For £250 it's excellent. Has basically the same layout as CDJ's and DJM mixer, plenty of features, nice jogwheels, gteat sound quality and when you consider it comes with a full rekordbox licence, which is worth over £100 on it's own, it becomes a stonking bargain!

1Tf7PYSl.jpg

Are you enjoying the DDJ-400 so far? I had a Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 a few years ago but could never get on with the software. The DDJ-400 looks like a real winner at this price point!

Soldato
My first black friday bargain - Well I hope it was a bargain.

414070791.jpg

Soldato
Replacement fan for a HD5870, £5 delivered from the factory in China lol. NB: I know it's black and has a Corsair logo on it, apparently they used the ATi/AMD fan for one of their products so this is the colour/design the factory make now.

DSC-1010.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh dear, big end bearing failure?

Not sure which order of events this happened, but in one night it seems my oil pump and/or oil pump chain tensioner failed resulting in loss of oil pressure causing the rod bearings to go, or possibly the other way round.

Had to mullet over all my options and keeping the car seemed silly, but I'm invested in this thing and the time and energy put into it the last 4 years to make it mine forever would have been to waste so decided to replace the engine and have Redish Motorsport do what they do best. Needless to say, new bearings are going in the new engine as well as VANOS overhaul and everything being thoroughly inspected.

Pro tip for anyone buying these cars, ignore the BMW oil service interval and have an oil service done without fail every 4-5000 miles or once a year whatever comes first. And between 60 and 80k mileage, have the rod bearings replaced. I used to think sticking to the BMW guide in the service book was perfectly fine. It is not for these cars.

Caporegime
Not sure which order of events this happened, but in one night it seems my oil pump and/or oil pump chain tensioner failed resulting in loss of oil pressure causing the rod bearings to go, or possibly the other way round.

Had to mullet over all my options and keeping the car seemed silly, but I'm invested in this thing and the time and energy put into it the last 4 years to make it mine forever would have been to waste so decided to replace the engine and have Redish Motorsport do best. Needless to say, new bearings are going in the new engine as well as VANOS overhaul and everything being thoroughly inspected.

Pro tip for anyone buying these cars, ignore the BMW oil service interval and have an oil service done without fail every 4-5000 miles or once a year whatever comes first. And between 60 and 80k mileage, have the rod bearings replaced. I used to think sticking to the BMW guide in the service book was perfectly fine. It is not for these cars.

Bad luck, hope you get it sorted without too much cost, ditching the car would have been a shame so i think you've done the right thing.

Think @Gibbo changed his bearings due to potential issues, seems to be a weak point.

Soldato

Had to mullet over all my options and keeping the car seemed silly, but I'm invested in this thing and the time and energy put into it the last 4 years to make it mine forever would have been to waste so decided to replace the engine and have Redish Motorsport do what they do best. Needless to say, new bearings are going in the new engine as well as VANOS overhaul and everything being thoroughly inspected.

Am really sorry to hear that..:(

I really didn't expect that to of happened to your stunning M3 :eek:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Bad luck, hope you get it sorted without too much cost, ditching the car would have been a shame so i think you've done the right thing.

Think @Gibbo changed his bearings due to potential issues, seems to be a weak point.

Yep spoke to him and another member who have both worked on the S54 extensively. All M cars have or will have rod bearing issues but mostly the N/A engines are most prone. The other member is a BMW main dealer tech. BMW revised the rod bearings but the issue will still persist due to the long oil service interval. He said the E60 M5 was the worst for it! F10 M5. Fresh oil every 4-5k miles keeps them healthy. My engine was at 114k miles on original bearings having stuck to the service book prescribed service intervals pretty much all its life. Obviously lessons have been very much learned now.

Am really sorry to hear that..:(

I really didn't expect that to of happened to your stunning M3 :eek:

Sorry to hear that, it would be a shame to let it go.

How much are we talking about??? £5k?

I'll do a post about this in the M3 thread, but yeah close enough, £4800 + £1500~ for the work being carried out by Redish Motorsport. New engine will have new rod bearings of course and I'll be doing an oil change myself between normal services to avoid this happening again for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom