Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
New Smoker

31143446857_49a7290bc6_b_d.jpg

45358114714_f70f1a90f0_b_d.jpg

And some chips...

44266118560_84601285f7_b_d.jpg

Soldato
Did you not check what the price was when buying or something then? :confused:

As soon as I saw the price I googled it and it was by far cheaper than anything that came up - My luck always says that once I put post up someone will say -"you could have got it cheaper at joe blogs computer spares" :)

Mrk

That's bad luck if ever I saw it - My services are 12k or yearly but I always change oil/filter myself at 6k or 6 months.

Man of Honour
New UniFi 10Gbit switch and an SFP+ adaptor for my QNAP NAS. Now waiting on some DAC cables for the NAS.

1Z1PrrG.jpg

VJXFjKK.jpg

Current home until I sort out one of the bedrooms so a bit messy.

Caporegime
Not sure which order of events this happened, but in one night it seems my oil pump and/or oil pump chain tensioner failed resulting in loss of oil pressure causing the rod bearings to go, or possibly the other way round.

Had to mullet over all my options and keeping the car seemed silly, but I'm invested in this thing and the time and energy put into it the last 4 years to make it mine forever would have been to waste so decided to replace the engine and have Redish Motorsport do what they do best. Needless to say, new bearings are going in the new engine as well as VANOS overhaul and everything being thoroughly inspected.

Pro tip for anyone buying these cars, ignore the BMW oil service interval and have an oil service done without fail every 4-5000 miles or once a year whatever comes first. And between 60 and 80k mileage, have the rod bearings replaced. I used to think sticking to the BMW guide in the service book was perfectly fine. It is not for these cars.

you should always do an oil service once every 12 months or every 10K miles whatever comes first.

i did 1K miles last year and still put it in for an oil service.

doing it any other way is stupid. even if the book/computer says to do it.

Man of Honour
True but it will be a lot better than with 1GbE now that bottleneck has been eliminated :)
Yup. It'll still be 1Gbit to my regular LAN, but that's just administration traffic, TimeMachine and Plex. 1Gbit will be ample for that.

However Veeam backups and storage vmotion from my ESXi cluster to the QNAP will be much improved.

Soldato
I looked at 10Gb and just went with a couple of 1Gbps LACP connections instead.

Ref the M3, I feel your pain. I loved my V8 M3. Once I started hearing those sounds though I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Man of Honour
That what I was thinking..
What Hard drives would need 10GbE speeds ? :confused:

Guessing it would be much faster if multi systems are transferring stuff across it at the same time..

My setup should be around 600MB/s read and 400MB/s write at a guess. I will test at some point. 1Gbit is fine for normal home use but does have its limits and frustrations.

I looked at 10Gb and just went with a couple of 1Gbps LACP connections instead.

LACP is only useful if you have numerous devices talking at the same time each saturating a link. 2x 1Gbit in LACP does not give you 2Gbit throughput.

Soldato
Yes, I'm aware of that, but thanks anyway. I have 1Gbps Internet at home - main reason I setup LACP was to give me the capacity to multiple destinations, and t'other way around.

Man of Honour
Yes, I'm aware of that, but thanks anyway. I have 1Gbps Internet at home - main reason I setup LACP was to give me the capacity to multiple destinations, and t'other way around.
Fair enough. A lot of people don't realise this. Until SMB multichannel matures that is.

Soldato
I was toying with the idea of getting another 1Gbps internet connection (only 45 quid a month), but then I saw the cost of 10Gb load balancers and decided to go to the Maldives instead.

Back
Top Bottom