Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

It needs it, Android TV is just so inefficiet as a TV OS. I'm not sure why as Google have had some success in getting variants of Android to run on low end hardware with WearOS and Android One.

Interesting. My kd49xd8099 (approx 2 years old) doesn't seem to have any performance issue (ARM Cortex-A53 4 core, 2gb ram).

My biggest gripe is the lack of a functioning EPG on the satellite receiver.

Sunglasses, Headphones, 2 watches.

kxOaNIml.jpg

ByRFTL6l.jpg

8G4S5oWl.jpg

Not worn a watch for about 7-8 years and fancied something to test the water before purchasing a slightly pricier Steinhart. I liked these both but couldn't decide between them. Being half price/clearance it was effectively BOGOF so a no brainer :)

Edit: The impulse is stong today.

Me like

I’m checking out a Tag Heuer chopped carbon finish Carrera Tourbillon this weekend.

It needs it, Android TV is just so inefficiet as a TV OS. I'm not sure why as Google have had some success in getting variants of Android to run on low end hardware with WearOS and Android One.

It’s why I returned the Sony, decided to try it after the rave reviews of IQ, but after using LG for a year, I couldn’t downgrade the user interface so drastically.

Working with nvidia to integrate the shield tv hardware wouldn’t be expensive, but it would work really well.

I didn’t think the IQ was all that great either and found the Sony really dark.

My friend got the Philips OLED... that’s much better to use, but the remote controls are HORRIBLE.

I like the IQ of the Philips and ambilight. It is definitely better than the LG, but the remotes mean I don’t want one, plus they don’t do a 77”.

I have 77 C8 arriving today :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Me like

I’m checking out a Tag Heuer chopped carbon finish Carrera Tourbillon this weekend.

No idea what that is but it sounds like a mouthful to say and expensive, which is good. *Googles*... *drools*. Very nice.

Put the picture up (Black one) that I've been hoovering around every week for the last 6 months...
K2rcyaJl.jpg

A somewhat disappointing trend I am noticing in this thread is a someone posting something they have purchased and then the criticism others are giving is getting beyond a joke imo.

First someone comments on his garden, now the lights. What is it to do with any of you?

He was talking about the TV, AV Unit and Sofa. Not the lights or garden :confused:

it's pretty obvious from his pictures one of which is 90% his kitchen that he was showing off his new house

another is 50% his dining area/table

his lights are also quite frankly ridiculous. why does he have both? the garden i'm okay with as he likely knew he was being ripped off and obviously if cashflow is an issue he can do that later. best to minimise expenses when buying a home.

the lights though i'm glad someone brought it up. it's monstrous to have both.

Sony are laughable. I've been reading up on the AF9 and it appears Sony have finally cottoned onto the fact they needed more powerful hardware to run Android TV. The AF9 useses a newer MediaTek SoC vs previous generations, I'm assuming the AF8 still uses the old SoC so you have to buy 'Master' range television to have a UI that is actually usable?

I was bitten Sony ATV1 customer unfortunately. The experience was enough to put me off Sony (except PlayStation) and Android TV.

i bought a sony tv a few weeks back as it was IMO the best TV for my usage.

i don't care about the smart aspect as it will be used for gaming only (PS4 PRO) however i have used it a few times and it seems fine to me.

if it does become an issue it can be solved by buying a <£50 fire stick.

so i'm amazed at the amount of people who would buy an inferior tv with decent smart software than a superior tv with crap smart software. when the issue is solved for less than 50 quid.

also the ps4 pro has youtube, netflix, sky go, etc already built in too. so i don't even need to spend £50 on a fire stick.

had zero issues so far with how "slow" it is. not as fast as my LG but it gets the job done.

Little Mega Drive case for a Raspberry Pi

1.jpg

So much hate for Sony TV’s I see. I have a PS4 / Sky Q / Fire TV so I’ve never worried about the smart part of a TV if I’m honest. Never had any gripes with the 8599 it’s replaced, I just couldn’t resist for £2100.

The Sony AF9 is a lovely display and would be in my lounge now if it wasn't for the slop backwards malarky. I don't want to wall mount and I simply don't like my TV not being square on to my viewing position.

The Sony AF9 is a lovely display and would be in my lounge now if it wasn't for the slop backwards malarky. I don't want to wall mount and I simply don't like my TV not being square on to my viewing position.
Surely it would not of been hard for sony to of released 2 versions of it with mainly just different screen case frames like they did with the A1 / AF8 one with the lean back and another that was slim & straight up

This!

It's really just an overpriced Swatch. It'll depreciate like a stone and for the money you can get something with a much better movement and proper heritage.

My Tag packed up (its virtually brand new) I think the lack of actual wearing was the cause. I will get it fixed one day - For anyone purchasing just make sure you buy a winder or wear often! :o

i bought a sony tv a few weeks back as it was IMO the best TV for my usage.

i don't care about the smart aspect as it will be used for gaming only (PS4 PRO) however i have used it a few times and it seems fine to me.

if it does become an issue it can be solved by buying a <£50 fire stick.

so i'm amazed at the amount of people who would buy an inferior tv with decent smart software than a superior tv with crap smart software. when the issue is solved for less than 50 quid.

also the ps4 pro has youtube, netflix, sky go, etc already built in too. so i don't even need to spend £50 on a fire stick.

had zero issues so far with how "slow" it is. not as fast as my LG but it gets the job done.

A television user interface should be quick, it's a device used for content consumption/leisure - there shouldn't be any slowdown when navigating the general UI. You say you're amazed, I'm amazed people are happy to not only put up with poor performance from top end products but to then spend extra as a work around - the mind boggles. Fair enough, pay for for a TV that gives you additional features such as a better panel, sound and/or codec support but ALL televisions should have a fast and responsive UI. I'm not sure what you're referring to as 'inferior', if it's LG OLED, all the research I did before going with LG was that there's not much in it in terms of picture quality between LG & Sony. Sony + Shield TV was on my list of considerations, despite the fact my experience wit Sony ATV1 was so bad but I went with LG as I came to the conclusion I wouldn't miss Android TV if I didn't have it at all (so no need for the Shield TV, especially as I have a PS4 Pro already).

As I said, it's nice to read that Sony have ironed out the slowness with the AF9 and I hope tatts enjoys his purchase (I'm sure he will), but it doesn't change the fact the previous generations of Sony Android TVs are simply slow in comparison to other televisions.

This!

It's really just an overpriced Swatch. It'll depreciate like a stone and for the money you can get something with a much better movement and proper heritage.
To crinkly it is a Swatch and as disposable I suspect. When mine stopped about 9 centuries ago I left it in a draw where it sat until Jesus was born.....at which I put it in its big box next to my NES where it is today.....I think. ;)

Surely it would not of been hard for sony to of released 2 versions of it with mainly just different screen case frames like they did with the A1 / AF8 one with the lean back and another that was slim & straight up
I know. Can you phone them up and tell them please. :D

Back
Top Bottom