Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

A somewhat disappointing trend I am noticing in this thread is a someone posting something they have purchased and then the criticism others are giving is getting beyond a joke imo.

First someone comments on his garden, now the lights. What is it to do with any of you?

He was talking about the TV, AV Unit and Sofa. Not the lights or garden :confused:

What is it to do with any of you?

An open discussion forum? :)

In all seriousness I actually agree, I don't get the comments either. I find that I'm not particularly observant. as when the comments are posted I always have to go back and check what they're even on about.

Still, if you're going to post on this forum then you do need to appreciate/understand you are open to petty criticism. It's the very fabric of GD, nobody on here would mention any of these things in real life but it gives the people a pedantic outlet because of their relative anonymity.

A somewhat disappointing trend I am noticing in this thread is a someone posting something they have purchased and then the criticism others are giving is getting beyond a joke imo.

First someone comments on his garden, now the lights. What is it to do with any of you?

He was talking about the TV, AV Unit and Sofa. Not the lights or garden :confused:

This is a thread in gd. Nothing is sacred or beyond redicule

Plus its funny, stop being a pansy :p

I renewed my annual Jetbrains personal All Products pack. I'd only intended to get it last year but I found their IDE's so good that I decided to renew again this year. In the last year I've made use of PHPStorm (PHP), Pycharm Professional (Python), GoLand (Go), IntelliJ (Java) and Datagrip (database tools) so I've certainly got my usage out of them.

Sorry it isn't a physical product so this is the best I can do for a pic.

Hpi0SUC.png

An open discussion forum? :)

In all seriousness I actually agree, I don't get the comments either. I find that I'm not particularly observant. as when the comments are posted I always have to go back and check what they're even on about.

Still, if you're going to post on this forum then you do need to appreciate/understand you are open to petty criticism. It's the very fabric of GD, nobody on here would mention any of these things in real life but it gives the people a pedantic outlet because of their relative anonymity.

I think it's more of a general internet/social media culture these days where criticism is often the first response

His comments were amongst the most mild critiques you could ever hope to read.

Let the butthurt flow through you.

Years ago when HiFi was getting established I went into a electrical shop on high street and asked if they sold Banana plugs- They thought I was taking the pee :eek:

Nice plugs though -is that 79 strand speaker cable or has things improved since the 80's

It's 13awg pure copper stranded cable I got off the rainforest. Does the job wonderfully and isn't too thick.

New TV (Sony AF9), corner sofa and av unit.

Its winter!? Who gardens in the winter?

Anyway aren't natural gardens in vogue?

Overgrown-House.jpg

Very nice pad by the way!

The problem is that Phate's fragile liberal sensibilities got the better of him, and he'd rather stifle opinion because opinion can hurt feelings badly.
Myself, I wasn't offended or anything like that :)
it makes no odds to me. And as mentioned, banter (when it's funny) is all good by me. Just the other comments seemed pointless and unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom