Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

ozBdSO7.jpg

Wasn’t planning on buying these but found some ridiculously reduced because of “damaged boxes” which I couldn’t see other than a scuffed corner. Paid less for both than I would have paid for a single one online

Sound amazing. Originally planned to use them in my office as a pair as I have Echos in every room. But after hearing them I’ve decided to replace the echos in the main rooms so will need a couple more, unfortunately they don’t have any more damaged box ones :p

So after 7 long years, it is finally time to retire my trusty Dell XPS17 laptop and treat myself to a new one. It was still fine for most of my needs which is why I had it for so long, but I'd now like a bit more for gaming. Excuse the terrible pic.

ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition (GL703GM)

i7-8750H
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

SGqJigi.jpg.png

Going from a 60hz screen to 120hz is incredible. Can't believe how much smoother it is, especially for FPS games. There's no way I could ever go back now.

Also got some SoundMagic E80 earphones.

After years of buying cheap headphones finally decided to treat myself to some half decent ones with my crimbo money :)

IMG-20190101-172202-01-01.jpg

So after 7 long years, it is finally time to retire my trusty Dell XPS17 laptop and treat myself to a new one. It was still fine for most of my needs which is why I had it for so long, but I'd now like a bit more for gaming. Excuse the terrible pic.

ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition (GL703GM)

i7-8750H
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

Going from a 60hz screen to 120hz is incredible. Can't believe how much smoother it is, especially for FPS games. There's no way I could ever go back now.

Also got some SoundMagic E80 earphones.

I take it this is the one with full Thunderbolt 3 functionality enabled, so you could farm out rendering to en eGPU when the 1060 becomes naff for modern games? How's fan noise/heat? Was tempted by one myself. Maybe this year after a refresh from Nvidia.

You are so right here mate, I've went to a 144hz monitor after years of 60hz and it's night and day of a difference.

Only problem is I bet my PS4 will feel sluggish now. :o

I take it this is the one with full Thunderbolt 3 functionality enabled, so you could farm out rendering to en eGPU when the 1060 becomes naff for modern games? How's fan noise/heat? Was tempted by one myself. Maybe this year after a refresh from Nvidia.

Yeah that's the one. I think the early 2018 versions didn't have it.

Fan noise is quite loud when gaming, but not a problem for me when I've got headphones on. As for heat, it doesn't get hot much at all. I've been playing Doom 2016, everything on ultra with it sitting on my lap for the past few hours and temps are absolutely fine. I'm still going to repaste it with Arctic MX-4 at the weekend though because they seem to do a crap job with the factory paste. Hopefully that'll keep it even cooler.

You must have bought it for photography too, otherwise a camcorder would surely have been a better option.
It’s just for video - I have a Canon 6D for photo stills.
The Canon 200D is pretty much unbeatable in the budget video market. I looked at action cameras & other DSLR’s and all had less features, video quality, were much heavier and cost a lot more.
The other benefit of the 200d is Canon do a few low cost and low weight EF-S STM lenses with IS which makes it super versatile.

You must have bought it for photography too, otherwise a camcorder would surely have been a better option.

Nobody buys camcorders these days for video. DSLR or mirrorless does it much better in a smaller package and if you already have some lenses, just use them.

The consumer camcorder segment has pretty much died, replaced by phones and small compact cameras and mirrorless. All the vloggers uses the Canon G7X compact or the M50 mirrorless or the Sony A7 series.

The consumer camcorder segment has pretty much died, replaced by phones and small compact cameras and mirrorless. All the vloggers uses the Canon G7X compact or the M50 mirrorless or the Sony A7 series.

Picked up a sony a6300 for christmas - mostly shoot stills, but 4k video in such a tiny camera is crazy. Stick the 20mm pancake lens on and it fits in my jeans pocket...

Nobody buys camcorders these days for video. DSLR or mirrorless does it much better in a smaller package
Exactly this - the 200D with lens fitted only weighs 650g which is less than just a Sony A73 body :) The Mirrorless M50 is even lighter but needs a converter to use EF lenses :(

The Mirrorless M50 is even lighter but needs a converter to use EF lenses :(

Was curious because a 200d seems like an odd choice for video when you have the m50 or sony alpha series to compete with, but makes much sense if you already have some glass to use. Either way - enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom