Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

But why? It doesnt make sense to me as in its not normal. The only purpose of a watch is to tell the time... there is no other reason to wear it right? So whats the point in these modern times.

I think if you really thought about the point in a lot of modern gadgets/luxury items, you’ll fail to see the point. The point of a watch is to tell the time, how useful you consider it to be in this day and age is subjective.

I also bought it as I think it’s a very smart looking watch and think first impressions count for a lot, and if I see someone with a nice watch, I’ve already formed part of my opinion based on that.

Materialistic? Sure. Superficial? You bet. Who cares

I think if you really thought about the point in a lot of modern gadgets/luxury items, you’ll fail to see the point. The point of a watch is to tell the time, how useful you consider it to be in this day and age is subjective.

I also bought it as I think it’s a very smart looking watch and think first impressions count for a lot, and if I see someone with a nice watch, I’ve already formed part of my opinion based on that.

Materialistic? Sure. Superficial? You bet. Who cares
Fair enough. I still see you buying an item for its looks over its usage is a bit unusual.

Fair enough. I still see you buying an item for its looks over its usage is a bit unusual.
Tell that to the RGB computing components crowd!

A watch for me is far more practical than a phone for telling the time (and day, and date, and for timing things if with a rotating bezel or chronograph function). It can be on me in more places than a phone can and it's more accessible.

But why? It doesnt make sense to me as in its not normal. The only purpose of a watch is to tell the time... there is no other reason to wear it right? So whats the point in these modern times.

Heh. You've met humans right?

Some like bling, others don't. Funny that.

(I don't like wearing watches and find some of the more sophisticated stuff stupidly over-engineered but I do love anything which is well engineered)

A watch for me is far more practical than a phone for telling the time (and day, and date, and for timing things if with a rotating bezel or chronograph function). It can be on me in more places than a phone can and it's more accessible.
Thats different. RGB in your computer always has been and always will be bling. Watches are not, the primary use is to tell the time and secondary is the bling factor. People are buying watches these days for bling factor only as you can guarantee that 99% of them will have a phone in the pocket that has the time on it.

How "practical" does it need to be?! Its telling the time, you have been doing it since you were about 5.... I would imagine when wearing a time piece around your wrist was actually useful to the average person.

How "practical" does it need to be?! Its telling the time, you have been doing it since you were about 5.... I would imagine when wearing a time piece around your wrist was actually useful to the average person.

Are you also one of those people that gets angry about phones being more like computers when all you want to do is text and make calls? :p

I edited my post...
OK fair enough.... But i insist that you remove it immediately the moment you regain use of your mobile phone ok ;)

Are you also one of those people that gets angry about phones being more like computers when all you want to do is text and make calls? :p
Lol no what im annoyed about is the fact that they are still called PHONES!!! I mean how often do you use it to actually call some one?! They should be called "Hand entertainment systems" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK fair enough.... But i insist that you remove it immediately the moment you regain use of your mobile phone ok ;)
HAHA

Mobile Phones got banned at my work place some years ago because of a few idiots always on there's :( I can't really blame the place as I know some these idiots use to spend hours on there mobile phones during work hours

Heh. You've met humans right?

Some like bling, others don't. Funny that.

(I don't like wearing watches and find some of the more sophisticated stuff stupidly over-engineered but I do love anything which is well engineered)
Thats fair enough. I mean "clocks that you can put on your wrist" would have been amazing a few hundred years ago. Get one and hang it on the wall to be marvelled at but for god sake people, the time of the watch "wrist time piece" is over. *takes out pocket watch and looks at it through his monocle*. You see my point here right?

HAHA

Mobile Phones got banned at my work place some years ago because of a few idiots always on there's :(
Yes not using them as phones but as a media device..... Dont get me started on why smart phones shouldnt be called phones ok.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom