Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

How "practical" does it need to be?! Its telling the time, you have been doing it since you were about 5.... I would imagine when wearing a time piece around your wrist was actually useful to the average person.
I just explained why and how practical it is for me to wear a watch. Just because in your life you may not (yet) have these requirements, does not mean to others they are not very functional items.

But why? It doesnt make sense to me as in its not normal. The only purpose of a watch is to tell the time... there is no other reason to wear it right? So whats the point in these modern times.
I used to think the same but then I got into mechanical watches. There is something special how all of those tiny parts made by skilled people, work together to deliver the time on my wrist.

There is huge market for man-made stuff like this.
Buyers of a Rolls Royce can opt to have a gold stripe hand painted down the side of their car for £2k , which takes a person 2 hours each side to complete. Sure a machine could do it in 2 seconds for 20p but that’s not the point.

I used to think the same but then I got into mechanical watches. There is something special how all of those tiny parts made by skilled people, work together to deliver the time on my wrist.

There is huge market for man-made stuff like this.
Buyers of a Rolls Royce can opt to have a gold stripe hand painted down the side of their car for £2k , which takes a person 2 hours each side to complete. Sure a machine could do it in 2 seconds for 20p but that’s not the point.
I get what you are saying but I think you are missing my point somewhat

The most convenient way to tell the time is the watch on my wrist.
Although I don't not disagree I would hasten to add that your phone is .8 of a second away. No huge difference really plus you save time on checking that notification you are about to check after you checked your watch for the time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvelled at but for god sake people, the time of the watch "wrist time piece" is over. *takes out pocket watch and looks at it through his monocle*. You see my point here right?

People still ride horses even though a car is clearly superior.

What has happened is a "work thing" has become a pleasure pursuit and for lots of people watches are the same.

Man, that is one cracking apartment. One thing I've always wondered though, do they have one way windows so you can see out but any nosy ***** outside can't see in like they do in quite a few high-end apartments in the States?

No... if I’d built it I would have made them electrochromatic though.

It has curtains but they block part of the view... I’m getting them swapped out for remote control blinds.

To think of the house that would buy in England's green and pleasant land.

Very nice if you're a city nouveau riche type though, I guess.
Oh yeah, could have got a stately home with many acres for half the price

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom