Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

@Mark A As a modeller myself, I second this. Brush painting a 1/24 is the preserve of experts. Even the most experienced modellers struggle badly.

Why don’t you pop a thread in the scale modelling forum and we can give you more advice :)

Thanks, i have never noticed that forum before lol, i'll have a good read in there tomorrow.

I'll have to do some looking into the airbrush stuff, but i am not too fussed about this model turning out perfect. It's a first attempt and if I don't enjoy it once the nostalgia has worn off then it'll be a waste of money if I buy £100s worth of gear.

I'm trying to think of anything else I could use the airbrush for to make it worth me buying one. Could the compressor also be used for staple guns etc, or is it a special type of compressor used for airbrushes?

Edit: As a middle ground, I could get a few cans of them Tamiya spray paints, just to cover the larger areas of the wings and body? And I have a can of Halfords acrylic grey primer I could use.

Last edited:
Although I would like someone to create a turntable that can flip the record for me so that my dog doesn’t steal my warm seat as soon as I’ve stood up to turn it over

I had one of those back in the 80s. It didn't flip the record though, the record deck was vertical and once side 1 had played the the arm moved underneath the disc and played side 2. I believe it was either a Sharp or an Amstrad.

I had one of those back in the 80s. It didn't flip the record though, the record deck was vertical and once side 1 had played the the arm moved underneath the disc and played side 2. I believe it was either a Sharp or an Amstrad.

I had one a deck where the record was horizontal and was clamped and the needle arm went underneath the record to play both sides. Think that was a Sharp as well.

Treated my self to some allen keys and 3/8 ratchet handle .

414159151.jpg

Got this today. Decided it was tine for a thin and light laptop after coming from a gaming laptop I never actually gamed on. 2019 model XPS 13.

They are nice, deffo one of the best window's laptops. I sent mine back though and got a MacBook Pro, I did try to switch but I think for personal laptops I'll stick with apple.
Having said that I'd been more than happy with various dell business laptops for a number of years, albeit they were basically docked and used as desktop computers unless traveling for work.

They are nice, deffo one of the best window's laptops. I sent mine back though and got a MacBook Pro, I did try to switch but I think for personal laptops I'll stick with apple.
Having said that I'd been more than happy with various dell business laptops for a number of years, albeit they were basically docked and used as desktop computers unless traveling for work.

Having never owned a MacBook I guess I don't have the comparison. It definitely looks very similar to the MacBook Air. I am super impressed with this though. I have never owned such a premium machine so it's nice to see what you get for such an obscene amount of money.

Got this today. Decided it was tine for a thin and light laptop after coming from a gaming laptop I never actually gamed on. 2019 model XPS 13.

I got the XPS 2018 a few weeks ago to replace an aging MBP. It's an absolute beauty, really happy with mine. Enjoy!

Thats not too bad, I paid £900 for 2 from Vision Express a few years ago, so the £140 for 1 felt like practically free!
What does feel bad is the only difference between these new Varifocal glasses and my old Varifocal glasses is .50 for the close range part (IE reading )
It been increased from +1.50 to +2.00

I just paid £500 for a .50 difference :o

I got the XPS 2018 a few weeks ago to replace an aging MBP. It's an absolute beauty, really happy with mine. Enjoy!

It's very similar to the 2018 model, just subtle changes. But I am thoroughly enjoying it! I got the one with the 4k screen, 16gb ram and 512gb ssd. I think it should last me many years. My last Dell laptop is now 10 years old and still going strong.

Back
Top Bottom