Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

You do know they're just standard varieties of smoked fish that you could get at any decent fish mongers, right?
Get yourself up to a place called Craster and you'll be in heaven.

So after weeks of research on monitor speakers, i finally decided what would be best for my requirements, my choice was originally going to be the KRK rokit 6's so i could use them for home DJing too, (better bass than the 5's), however, the footprint was a little big for the space i have, so i went back to the drawing board and knew i had to get a set of 5" to fit on my desk. That meant my choices were originally 1st choice - Yamaha HS5, 2nd choice was the rokit 5's, and 3rd place was the JBL LSR305's. Long story short, the Yamaha's looked great but there wasn't much low end (yes i know it's only 5"), the KRK's were a bit weedy in the 5" version, the JBL however, i was quite astounded by the sound that came out of such a small box, and decided to go for them, they are great in my home studio, no need to even look for a sub to match them either.
My home studio is starting to look a little more complete....
Hmmm, what do i need to buy next?

46508823815_a876187a15_b_d.jpg

40458326083_02e2958b79_b_d.jpg

You don't need any more equipment it will only stifle your production. A DAW and a Midi Keyboard is all you need.

That room does not look very sound dampened, I would suggest you get a good pair of flat response monitor headphones. I bought some snazzy Yamaha monitors for my desk but they are normally used to test out the final mix. I do a lot of production in headphones because the room I am in is not well sound dampened.

Also the monitors on your desk are not placed well for production. The one on the left would be better placed on the other side of the DJ Mixer. Also they are possibly too low depending on your sitting position. Are they ear height?

the JBL however, i was quite astounded by the sound that came out of such a small box, and decided to go for them, they are great in my home studio, no need to even look for a sub to match them either.

Interestingly Harman(JBL) doesn't tend to indulge in audiophile BS and actually tests its speakers quite rigorously.

The below video might be of interest - talk by a former Engineering VP and current consultant to the company:

So after weeks of research on monitor speakers, i finally decided what would be best for my requirements, my choice was originally going to be the KRK rokit 6's so i could use them for home DJing too, (better bass than the 5's), however, the footprint was a little big for the space i have, so i went back to the drawing board and knew i had to get a set of 5" to fit on my desk. That meant my choices were originally 1st choice - Yamaha HS5, 2nd choice was the rokit 5's, and 3rd place was the JBL LSR305's. Long story short, the Yamaha's looked great but there wasn't much low end (yes i know it's only 5"), the KRK's were a bit weedy in the 5" version, the JBL however, i was quite astounded by the sound that came out of such a small box, and decided to go for them, they are great in my home studio, no need to even look for a sub to match them either.

I'm still using my Rokits 8 gen 3, you need to get them monitors isolated from the desk though, some decent pads knocking out.

You do know they're just standard varieties of smoked fish that you could get at any decent fish mongers, right?
Get yourself up to a place called Craster and you'll be in heaven.
Yeah, totally.

Send em back. Coming over here stealing our nice English smoked fishes jobs. :mad:

Just joking, any other smoked fish other than haddock or cod is rank anyway. Don’t know how anybody can eat it.

How have you connected them to your PC?

** Image of generic HP Microserver G7 here **

(I havent received it yet)

Just a g7 microserver to use as a nas drive and doing small automated tasks. It is the second one I've had to buy from ebay, as the last seller sent me an older generation one despite the listing saying N54L!.

Last edited:
Arbroath Smokies are the king for me. Under the grill with a little knob of butter, unless you’re actually up there, then straight out of the barrel.

Not had those yet, if its a special occasion, such as a birtdoy. I usually order some packs from the Isle of Man online :) Quite fancy some now actually :D

Nope! *boxing stance* I am from the North East, and have never been so disappointed. I could have soled a pair of shoes with the skin from the Craster kippers.

Lol. That's bad, never had the same experience myself but I can definitely see that sucking! Did you go direct to the smokehouse?

Back
Top Bottom