Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

34h9nus.jpg

Revisiting my youth and introducing my daughter to the world of fighting fantasy :)
34h9nus.jpg

Just taking a lot of youtube videos to get the hang of it lol.
And its annoying having to start my Plex database from scratch

If you're not already, I highly recommend running stuff from Dockers where you can.

c3OnatB.png

Far nicer to maintain than package apps. Mine are all from Linuxserver but you can get them elsewhere.

Awesome :) - I'll probably be buying an 8 bay version in the near future, always wanted Synology :)

I have an 8 bay older one (DS1815+). It's a good unit but I think a 4 bay these days with 10-12TB disks would be plenty on the storage front.

One day I may have to replace 8 hard drives :9

JF6yVjZ.png

For some reason the 3TB's have not really gone down in price in years, I bought my last batch of 4 back in July 2015 for £85 a drive, today they are £88 for the same thing.

Last edited:
One day I may have to replace 8 hard drives :9
Why? one of the big selling points of SHR is that it's expandable and there's no need to match drives, I.E if you need more space at some point you could just buy a pair of 10TB drives and whack them in, increase the available space by 50% instantly and no need to replace more for a while.

Thank you. Not sure on the exact plot size but a reasononable size. Here’s a picture from the terrace for an idea:

PrzivpX.jpg

It doesn’t extend much to the other side of the balcony but, to be honest, the adjoining countryside feels like an extended garden!

Incredible view!

That can't be in Sutton can it?! :eek:

Why? one of the big selling points of SHR is that it's expandable and there's no need to match drives, I.E if you need more space at some point you could just buy a pair of 10TB drives and whack them in, increase the available space by 50% instantly and no need to replace more for a while.

More down to the age of the drives, they are getting on a bit, with power on time ranging from 30K - 45K hours. Some of them have developed bad sectors so showing signs of wear, but yes you are correct replacing with 10TB drives would significantly improve drive capacity.

I would have some concerns on having 8 x 10TB in raid 5 though, that would have some insane rebuild times!

If you're not already, I highly recommend running stuff from Dockers where you can.

c3OnatB.png

Far nicer to maintain than package apps. Mine are all from Linuxserver but you can get them elsewhere.

It's something i want to look into in the coming days/weeks, i've got no idea yet about using it as a download station for torrents, or if i can install NordVPN onto it somehow etc.
Also need to find a NVME drive for it for speeding up read times, and tempted to stick 8gb of ram in it while ive got some spare cash

That makes way more sense :p

Wow what a beautiful place :)

What's it been like as a Southern going to live up North?

It’s a better pace of life tbh. I had lived in Manchester before I moved down to Surrey and my parents lived around here so knew what to expect. Moved from an average sized house to here and reduced my mortgage - halved my daily commute too so good all round!

*warning post contains sofa content*

Picked up some more Scivation Xtend for gains and a massive 1.5l camelbak with the mag lid.

Also included my pen because I know @Steedie loves to see it in my photos.

xtend_camelbak.jpg

The living room redecoration isn't planned until June but the sofa arrived early. It was the least ugly sofa we could find that had a high back for head support and that has dual electric full recliners.

It's a G Plan Ergo Flair - https://www.dfs.co.uk/flair/fla63ceg1

sofa.jpg

I'm aware the mirror is off centre, but that is being changed and moved when we redecorate in June.

Back
Top Bottom