Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Exciting nerdgasm purchase!

7Etehf8.jpg

PGKb2Zk.jpg

What the difference between a standard HDMI and this?

I'm sure there's a legitimate reason - It's just I've always been told that I should buy the cheapest HDMI cables as there are very few differences between the cheap ones and the stupidly priced "monster" cables :p

What the difference between a standard HDMI and this?

I'm sure there's a legitimate reason - It's just I've always been told that I should buy the cheapest HDMI cables as there are very few differences between the cheap ones and the stupidly priced "monster" cables :p

You're right, typically you get the cheapest you can find. But anything over 10-15m and you start to need better cables.

This particular one is a fiber optic cable. The reason for this for support of 4k @ 60fps, HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 across the distance needed along with a bunch of other things, copper just doesn't have the bandwidth.

I'm setting up a new home cinema, and my new amp is capable of all of the above. Even if my projector cannot display 4k content, I figured I would buy the more expensive cable and run it once rather than rip out an existing one later when I upgrade the projector. Eventually.

I think it's mainly for long distances and when using things like arc/uHD that they become more beneficial.

Interesting...

This weekend I plan on punching a hole in one wall in my living room, followed by punching another hole in the other side, followed by running a HDMI cable into the wall, up into the loft, across and then down into the other wall. I'm probably going to be looking for around 15m of HDMI cable I should think... Should I be investing in something a little better than your standard off the shelf HDMI cable?

EDIT (Posted just after Phate posted his reply :p):

You're right, typically you get the cheapest you can find. But anything over 10-15m and you start to need better cables.

This particular one is a fiber optic cable. The reason for this for support of 4k @ 60fps, HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 across the distance needed along with a bunch of other things, copper just doesn't have the bandwidth.

I'm setting up a new home cinema, and my new amp is capable of all of the above. Even if my projector cannot display 4k content, I figured I would buy the more expensive cable and run it once rather than rip out an existing one later when I upgrade the projector. Eventually.

Right then, sounds like I definitely need to read into this more! Was the fibre optic HDMI cable very expensive?

Depends on your definition of expensive :p

It was €51 for the 15m. What got me was how incredibly light it is. That's the fibre optic innerds for you :)

That is pretty expensive... but I'd hate to do all the work involved in punching the holes and tracing the cable over the loft and then find the cable fails :p

That is pretty expensive... but I'd hate to do all the work involved in punching the holes and tracing the cable over the loft and then find the cable fails :p
Something to keep in mind also. This particular cable and I believe many fibre optic if not all of them are are directional. So you have a source and a display end. Don't run all that cable and find it's backwards :D

Something to keep in mind also. This particular cable and I believe many fibre optic if not all of them are are directional. So you have a source and a display end. Don't run all that cable and find it's backwards :D

Haha wow! Can you imagine :p Thanks for the very important tip! :D

34h9nus.jpg

Revisiting my youth and introducing my daughter to the world of fighting fantasy :)
34h9nus.jpg

Massively approve of this.

Here is my collection, now actually a little bigger

IMG-20150920-122056.jpg

image posting

Back
Top Bottom