Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

My knife is a sabatier for £6 out Asda. It cuts better than any other knife I've used. Personally never seen what expensive knives offer

Generally the quality of steel, weight and overall weight distribution.

Quality of steel probably won't matter as much if you are just using it for your dinner, but if you are a chef and cutting all day, the quality of steel will matter. (but that doesnt always mean that cheaper knives don't have good quaility steel!)

Last edited:
My knife is a sabatier for £6 out Asda. It cuts better than any other knife I've used. Personally never seen what expensive knives offer
I did a butchery course a little while ago and the butcher teaching us said exactly the same thing. He uses £15 butchers knives and swears by them.

Raymond the hipster has started some knife snobbery, same with the speaker threads about my soundbar. Yawn.

I am just going to get into aquarium and make something that blow yours out of the water just to annoy you :p Then smash it to pieces and photograph it in F/1.4.

Honestly I have no idea what I have ever done to get on your nerves...snobbery about knives lol, I bought a knife, plenty of people appreciate it, plenty of people here like to cook. What is the big deal anyway.

Oh I didn't realise my kitchen knife was supposed to be on a plaque on the wall rather than in a drawer.

I'll rectify that mistake asap
:rolleyes:

You could say the same thing about fancy crockery or literally anything which looks nice as well as having a core purpose.

e: My knives are on a magnetic rack on the wall so I suppose they are on a plaque on the wall? :D

:rolleyes:

You could say the same thing about fancy crockery or literally anything which looks nice as well as having a core purpose.

e: My knives are on a magnetic rack on the wall so I suppose they are on a plaque on the wall? :D

No because the knife will only ever be seen by the chef. Crockery will be seen by guests so not the same at all.

Unless you during the meal decide to show everyone the knife you used to cut everything. But that wouldn't be normal

No because the knife will only ever be seen by the chef. Crockery will be seen by guests so not the same at all.

Unless you during the meal decide to show everyone the knife you used to cut everything. But that wouldn't be normal
OK, perhaps that was a poor example.

If it increases the users enjoyment when using it though then what's the matter?

This thread is bananas sometimes!

People like to spend their money differently on different things, and some people have more money to spend than others.

Lighten up everyone :D

It's not about having more money than others at all.

I dont see why you think it is.

I could easily go out tomorrow and drop £5k on a knife if it's what I wanted to do.

It's not about having more money than others at all.

I dont see why you think it is.

I could easily go out tomorrow and drop £5k on a knife if it's what I wanted to do.

It was less about money and more people with the attitude of “I wouldn’t spend that much on that so I don’t understand why other people would.”

At least it would look good though and make me happy which is what really matters

Can you buy a £5k knife and see how easily it cuts through £5k in £5 notes please with video evidence please.

Don’t disappoint us.

Back
Top Bottom