Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

It was less about money and more people with the attitude of “I wouldn’t spend that much on that so I don’t understand why other people would.”

Can you buy a £5k knife and see how easily it cuts through £5k in £5 notes please with video evidence please.

Don’t disappoint us.

The last time someone called me out on here and I provided proof and I quoted their username 3 times following pictorial evidence being provided they tucked their tail between their legs and never responded so I've learnt from that not to bother

@Housey el-cheapo is at it again :D

Look psycho, just because yourey content using what others consider to be cheap crap doesn't have any effect on their purchase at all, regardless of how many times you parrot the same dull, boring, incessant drivel. Use cheap crap, use expensive crap, who the hell cares?

You seem to be rather keen to tell everyone about how amazeballs your fake lego and cheap knives and all the other stuff you cheap out on is, if I was a thinking man I'd say this is more you looking for people to agree with you.

@Housey el-cheapo is at it again :D

Look psycho, just because yourey content using what others consider to be cheap crap doesn't have any effect on their purchase at all, regardless of how many times you parrot the same dull, boring, incessant drivel. Use cheap crap, use expensive crap, who the hell cares?

You seem to be rather keen to tell everyone about how amazeballs your fake lego and cheap knives and all the other stuff you cheap out on is, if I was a thinking man I'd say this is more you looking for people to agree with you.

Shows how much you know. Go read the posts again I quite clearly state I've never bought the cheap Lego but I had watched YouTube videos.

But you keep on making stuff up

Shows how much you know. Go read the posts again I quite clearly state I've never bought the cheap Lego but I had watched YouTube videos.

So you are telling people you know best because you watched some Youtubes, or am I missing something? I could well be missing something, I don't remember who posts what like so many do most the time.

The world is full of people telling people who spend big that they are stupid for spending big. They could have got the same much less if they were as clever as the person pointing it out who has watched some YouTubes or knows a bloke. Now on some things they may well be right of course, the high net worth is the worlds finest consumer of snake oil, but reality is you usually pay for what you get. Crap Lego is crap Lego. You are not just paying for some plastic bricks, you are paying for design, brand, backup etc etc etc etc.

The Far East is fantastic at taking other peoples ideas and making them cheaply. Talk to people who buy in from China and you will see a theme. "They made it just the same as the normal one for 1/3 the price....but after time they put the B team on it and the quality got worse....and worse and then deliveries failed and then...and then..."

Buy your Sownee TV, your Parsche 2bow, Niky Trainers, Logo Techniques etc. What I do recall (I think) is you suggested in my HiFi thread I was daft to buy a NAIM amp because you would buy some Atmos stuff and roof speakers for half the price for HiFi because it was much cheaper and did the same. That's fine, but it's like telling me you use a strimmer for mowing your lawn when I use a gardener. Yea it's much cheaper but....you know. :D

Not really the point, is it? You're constantly calling everyone out for buying stuff they like, whether it be a box of matches, a box of Lego or a yacht, the point stands, so nice try on that one buddy.

Y'see, you like to spend as little as possible, I bet you're that guy who buys crap cam DVDs from Mr Vietnam in your local whetherspoons to play on your £10 DVD player at home because why not? Same film, a DVD player is a DVD player and Whetherspoons because beer is beer. That doesn't make you wrong, nobody cares. At all. Not a single iota. But when you someone buys a Blu-Ray from Harrods to watch on their £5k Blu ray player whilst drinking a glass of unicorn tears, the same applies. Yet here you are, telling everyone that they're buying the wrong stuff.

When you do that, people will understandably bite back, as has been made extremely more evident with every case yet you don't seem to cotton on that nobody cares about your opinion.

Like, nobody. I am just the rude ***** to tell you.

OK, perhaps that was a poor example.

If it increases the users enjoyment when using it though then what's the matter?
If that's the reason, it doesn't matter at all. It's just there are many people who think you need to spend hundreds on a knife for it to be good where in reality, £15 will do.

If that's the reason, it doesn't matter at all. It's just there are many people who think you need to spend hundreds on a knife for it to be good where in reality, £15 will do.
I had some nice knives, Robert Welch I think around £300 for 6. Not massive money in knife world, but not cheapo tat.

I replaced them (by accident amazingly) with some £35 ones from Ocado. I never ordered them as far as I could tell, but they arrived with some shopping (I was charged) and could not be bothered to send them back as my posh ones needed replacing.

They are super sharp when new, no difference on that front, but they have gone blunt a lot quicker. They do not feel anywhere near the same quality for the reason they just are not. They don't have the weight, the balance, the quality of metal and the longevity of sharpness. BUT you need to keep stuff like this sharp and sharpen them. But my £300 knives were better than the £35 ones by some margin. But both cut stuff.

Yeah was given 2 expensive sets as wedding presents costing several hundreds each.

I still prefer my £6 knife it just feels better in the hand and cuts perfectly

I’ve been gifted knife sets as well and most are rubbish, overpriced rubbish. A properly crafted knife is a joy to use, like many things your paying for craftsmanship and quality of materials, I’m surprised you cant see that. Let’s face it, your £6 Asda knife is cheap mass produced rubbish.

I am just going to get into aquarium and make something that blow yours out of the water just to annoy you :p Then smash it to pieces and photograph it in F/1.4.

Honestly I have no idea what I have ever done to get on your nerves...snobbery about knives lol, I bought a knife, plenty of people appreciate it, plenty of people here like to cook. What is the big deal anyway.

Lol no, buy what you want it's your money, but expect a back lash from the droids, I never said anything about the knife lol, I bought a top of range soundbar and got ripped apart for not having floorstanders which I do just not in that room.

Not really the point, is it? You're constantly calling everyone out for buying stuff they like, whether it be a box of matches, a box of Lego or a yacht, the point stands, so nice try on that one buddy.

Y'see, you like to spend as little as possible, I bet you're that guy who buys crap cam DVDs from Mr Vietnam in your local whetherspoons to play on your £10 DVD player at home because why not? Same film, a DVD player is a DVD player and Whetherspoons because beer is beer. That doesn't make you wrong, nobody cares. At all. Not a single iota. But when you someone buys a Blu-Ray from Harrods to watch on their £5k Blu ray player whilst drinking a glass of unicorn tears, the same applies. Yet here you are, telling everyone that they're buying the wrong stuff.

When you do that, people will understandably bite back, as has been made extremely more evident with every case yet you don't seem to cotton on that nobody cares about your opinion.

Like, nobody. I am just the rude ***** to tell you.

Mummy and daddy are arguing again :(

Cuff links :)

_DSC5596-2 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Why not just use zip ties from Poundland, they do the same job :p

them extensions ain't cheap to buy

I had to buy a miele extension tube a few months ago and it cost around £50 (the new one is a total different design so hoping it will last much longer..
Did yours have the same issue? I took it apart and it looks like the little teeth that clip into the notches on the wand are worn out and I can't seem to find any spares for them. The only spares I could find are for the push button assembly. The spring is also kinked and that was also probably part of the problem and allowed the teeth to slip, which then wore them down. I remember it doing this from almost new, so have to say I'm surprised as Miele are always touted as the best of the best.

Not quite true. It's all about the steel used as to how long it'll keep an edge. I'd say around £30ish will get you a decent knife that'll be almost as good as the super expensive ones. Like a plastic handled victorinox, they're around £25-£30 and will hold an edge fairly well. But I do agree you don't need to spend a fortune. Most of that is just for the looks.

Last edited:
I have a £500 knife, come at me bros!

(Actually, it's an antique but I still want to start an argument.)

Not sure if a misprice or a just a fire sale but got me some RAM for a good price:

k1qpox.jpg

Back
Top Bottom