Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Not quite true. It's all about the steel used as to how long it'll keep an edge. I'd say around £30ish will get you a decent knife that'll be almost as good as the super expensive ones. Like a plastic handled victorinox, they're around £25-£30 and will hold an edge fairly well. But I do agree you don't need to spend a fortune. Most of that is just for the looks.
I have a Victorinox and to be fair for domestic use it's pretty unbeatable for the money. This comes from using a lot of different knives varying in quality and price. Unless you are a pro you really don't need to spend the money unless you want something that looks cool.

Did yours have the same issue? I took it apart and it looks like the little teeth that clip into the notches on the wand are worn out and I can't seem to find any spares for them. The only spares I could find are for the push button assembly. The spring is also kinked and that was also probably part of the problem and allowed the teeth to slip, which then wore them down. I remember it doing this from almost new, so have to say I'm surprised as Miele are always touted as the best of the best.
Can't say if mine had the same issue as after it failed to lock I started using one the Telescopic tubes I had on another cheap vacuum cleaner and I dumped the miele tube

Here some pictures of the new Genuine Miele Tube I bought to replace it (It a very different design to the one that came with my vacuum cleaner which is an S9 cat & dog 2200watt)

In the bottom picture you can see that the metal tube is not round ;)
kJWorAZ.jpg
eLlHxqM.jpg
NA2YppC.jpg

I see 20GB+ at times usage at times with photo editing so wanted 32GB to be comfortable.

Went to buy some and 32GB and 64GB were the same price, so no brainer really. Must have been a misprice.

That's odd. I do some serious stacking and have no issue with 16gb. But then again it still take few seconds. Not sure if extra will speed it up.

That's odd. I do some serious stacking and have no issue with 16gb. But then again it still take few seconds. Not sure if extra will speed it up.

Oh I’m sure it makes little difference, but sometimes overkill is just fun.

I could happily make do with 16Gb, but Ryzen 2/Threadripper 2 is imminent and I haven’t upgraded for years so don’t mind splashing out. Had the 5820K since Jan 2017, and it was second hand even then.

Oh I’m sure it makes little difference, but sometimes overkill is just fun.

I could happily make do with 16Gb, but Ryzen 2/Threadripper 2 is imminent and I haven’t upgraded for years so don’t mind splashing out. Had the 5820K since Jan 2017, and it was second hand even then.

Nice. Good looking sticks as well.

Here some pictures of the new Genuine Miele Tube I bought to replace it (It a very different design to the one that came with my vacuum cleaner which is an S9 cat & dog 2200watt)

Thanks, that looks like a much better design, if i do have to bite the bullet and buy a new one at least it should last a while this time. I think I might have fixed mine for now by by flipping the bent spring over and swapping the worn out tooth around with the slightly less worn tooth.

Back
Top Bottom