Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
My Reverb G2 arrived today at long last. I think it's about to make my GTX1080 cry.

649e5d7fd5eb6008652b0ab9cf66dfbf.md.jpg

Soldato
HP G2 Reverb VR - I have had this on preorder for ages and was looking touch and go whether it would arrive by Christmas and then Dell put loads of them up for sale on their site so bought one and cancelled my preorder! Made no sense but glad I have one now.

And the screen I couldnt resist. Its the Alienware AW3821dw. Probably the best monitor for now until mini led become the norm/cheaper and since it was £300 off on black friday/cyber monday and i also had another 20% off from the Dell advantage scheme plus £62 TCB, it came in at £978. :D

Are they still available? I can find no link on the Dell website.

Soldato
Got a new base build, gone with Intel unfortunately due to Ryzen's stock issues and needing a new workstation immediately.

Krfu36F.png

i9 10900, 16GB DDR4, ASUS Z490-F, Samsung M2 980 Pro and a SuperFlower PSU. Now the wait for GPU stocks.

Caporegime
Soldato
Soldato
The best part is, I didn't even do a comparison before buying - I just remember historically that the Samsung Pro's were great and reliable. It's so cheap now for the side that I need.

Good choice. :)

Mine has been solid, in fact the only problem I encountered was the length of the standard cables when building the system. But that's more to do with me using a huge case than anything to do with the PSU.

Had a SuperFlower in my previous build which I'm giving to my Nephew for Christmas and would never use anything else. Sure they're expensive, but well worth the money in my experience. I've built in a fairly small case (Corsair Air 540) so haven't had any problem with the cables myself.

Caporegime
+10 more than you

The overall speed says -6%

The 980 is 'way' better at everything other than sustained write speeds, never let the truth get in the way of a good story? :p

Well it says it's 6-19% better at those things yet 67% slower at sustained write.

I'm not sure how you define way better but I'd consider 67% to be way better than say 6 or 19%.

It's also got 4 times the storage space for only £35 more. So way more storage space as that is 300% more.

6400MB/s vs 3500MB/s I imagine would be the main one

User Benchmark is so wrong for that drive it's funny

Which is why I asked my original question. I didn't say you should have got the 970 Evo plus. I said what features does it have that are pro exclusive as I read somewhere it does something special but didn't specify what those features were or who needs them.

Also can you suggest an alternative source to compare them because I've never heard a bad thing before about userbenchmark it's a quick and dirty fast complete benchmark tool. I thought it did a good job and gave great breakdowns.

If the benchmark is wrong I'd like to see a better comparison and I don't mean a spec sheet either.

I need to buy another SSD which is why my original question was what does the 980 pro do feature wise that is exclusive to the pro model as what I read didn't confirm that.

Don
What you need to consider.

Is whether or not each aspect of a retort, nay rebuttal.

Has to be delivered with a dedicated double press of the enter key.

It's something I had yet to understand.

Since now trying it.

I can't say it makes any point I had.

Any better.

--------------

Anyway, my comment was intended to be spinal tap-esque (970/980, 10/11), look up you'll see it, sailing way over your head :)

Caporegime
you'e comparing 250gb pro to 1tb evo plus. If you do a fair comparison, the pro shows a 90% better sustained write.

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compa...Evo-Plus-NVMe-PCIe-M2-250GB/m1311638vsm711305

The cost difference is minimal between the two.

I mean for £35 it has 4 times the space. That alone seems like a good deal. Now take into account that the benchmark overall is apparently better according to that site. If the 980 pro can do something that's better for server use or virtual machine use I'd like to know as my server only has a 128gb SSD that I use for a VM and that's not enough for what I want to put on it now so I need a larger drive.

Otherwise should we start comparing a £50 CPU Vs a £500 CPU simply because they have the same clock speed? That's the argument you are making. I'm comparing on rough cost basis. It's only £35 in it. Otherwise we can compare the 1tb 980pro but now you are talking a lot more of a difference in cost

Soldato
The issue is paying attention. ;) The Pro's should also have about twice the TBW capability and longer warranty, so the longevity of service and peace of mind are two factors.

I had no idea HP made a VR headset! Although looking it up, looks as though it is a MS/Valve collaboration that HP are the manufacturers of.

Back
Top Bottom