Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
DZWkSBM.gif

Soldato
Finally bought myself an eReader - the Kobo Libra Colour. Liking it so far.

GlCvcMu.jpeg
A week or so back, I bought the 6" Kobo Colour and really like it. If I'm honest, the colour is so faded it's not really worth it and I don't highlight things, so I should probably have just gone with B+W, but I am already wondering if I should upgrade to a larger screen.

Associate
A week or so back, I bought the 6" Kobo Colour and really like it. If I'm honest, the colour is so faded it's not really worth it and I don't highlight things, so I should probably have just gone with B+W, but I am already wondering if I should upgrade to a larger screen.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend the colour version if you're after vivid colours - a tablet of some kind would be better in that case. I do a fair bit of annotating, so it's useful for me personally. I like the size of the Libra Colour too, but that's really down to personal preference.

Soldato
Bought a little garden cart and assembled it today. Painted the metal bits with green Hammerite before putting it together and replaced the screws/bolts/washers with some made of stainless steel. It's going to be sat outside most of the time so the extra weather protection will help it last a bit longer.

I had one and loved it, was great for *some* chores, not so great going down (or up) out steep garden and steps

Mrs refused to used it, lol and ended up using the wheelbarrow for 99% of the jobs and subsequently selling the cart :(

Associate
I had one and loved it, was great for *some* chores, not so great going down (or up) out steep garden and steps

Mrs refused to used it, lol and ended up using the wheelbarrow for 99% of the jobs and subsequently selling the cart :(
I might be a special case because my lawns are raised with a retaining wall just a little higher than a standard green recycle bin. So, I just push the bin up against the wall and I can wheel the truck up to it and tip the contents straight in. You can just about see it here (taken while I was painting the truck parts!):

I can never leave stuff alone and have already made a few mods, like adding this spring to keep the handle up instead of dropping flat at the slightest provocation (onto my border plants with my luck):

There's often a lot of soggy rubbish to move from my little ornamental pond because I have to clean/weed it out often so the truck is better suited than buckets or a wheelbarrow.

My water lilly is currently trying to escape the pond and isn't doing a bad job of it either...

Man of Honour
@subbytna Your powerbanks look great. I've just bought an Anker 737 and the 30,000mah looks just as good. Slightly slower inpput/output (140w vs 100w) but still great and it more than makes upo for it with a larger capacity, more ports, cheaper and has the torch. Does it do pass through charging?

I love the different colour options on some of them. I can see me buying something in the future :)

Soldato
Quick update, got the new EasySMX X05 today and a quick test reveals it's rather excellent for performance and solidly built for £25 (hall effect sticks and triggers, stronger vibration motors, membrane face buttons), 1000Hz wired but comes with a 250Hz dongle too:

cOZFSNi.jpeg

Lower ;latency than X10, has a ceramic aerial which they say improves stability/latency:
a7vpORd.png

This is my new fav cheap but good controller now I think.

Excellent, see you next month or so for the next upgrade. :D

I see you have gotten obsessed with grip tape on everything, too.

Last edited:
Soldato
@subbytna Your powerbanks look great. I've just bought an Anker 737 and the 30,000mah looks just as good. Slightly slower inpput/output (140w vs 100w) but still great and it more than makes upo for it with a larger capacity, more ports, cheaper and has the torch. Does it do pass through charging?

I love the different colour options on some of them. I can see me buying something in the future :)
Just googled that Anker, wow it's £50 more than mine. Looks good though.

I've not tried it myself so can't confirm. I've the 30k as my personal use powerbank but it's at home as I used it to charge a friends laptop last night. He forgot to bring his cable with him. I'll check with my manufacturer about the passthrough directly now for you.

Soldato
Quick update, got the new EasySMX X05 today...
I like that :cool:
Did you get it directly from EasySMX or through AliExpress/similar?
And have you tried any bluetooth only devices? As i'm wondering if it'll work with MacOS; i'm thinking it should as other EasySMX spoof Xbox controllers which supposedly work under Mac's.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Direct from Easy. Yeah tried bluetooth on PC and phone, works just as expected :cool:

It uses Xinput (you can toggle Dinput too) so is universally compatible with anything that supports Xinput which is essentially everything.

It's just over £11 on AliExpress though as someone I know just ordered one through there. The 8BitDo controllers come nowhere near this, QC, quality feel, button feel etc are all better.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Thank you very much! I was looking for something to replace my (5 year old) worn out xbone controller

EDIT:
is X05 better than X10?
They're different controllers, once uses membrane buttons on the face and the other uses tactile mechanical switches so will boil down to which you prefer. I have both and like both, I'd say for the price the X10 is one of the better mech switch controllers out there, whilst the X05 is now one of the best (if not currently the best) membrane buttoned controller given it can be had for £11 lol and beats controllers with similar buttons that cost 3x more.

The X10 has gyros so works with games that use motion control though, so if that is important then the X10 be the way to go. The rumble motors on the X05 are stronger

Back
Top Bottom