Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I put a frame up in my office to break up the wall. A reminder to myself, someone who is an over-thinker.

DSCF9228.jpg

Post this in the lamp thread :)

Soldato
9, gonna be hard beating that every year
Epic haul - hope your lad values the amount these cost.
That costs more than my entire childhoods worth of Christmas and Birthday presents.
Yeah I mean totally get giving nice presents and stuff, but hell even the PS5 on it's own would be an amazing gift for a kid, especially at 9.
I don't think the kid will appreciate it at 9 lol. And it's waaay over the top but if you can afford it and that's what you want then go you! I'm sure my parents would've got me more if they had money. Tbf some of my presents were literally a chocolate bar :D but times were tough and I knew why it was what it was.
That's one lucky kid! I had to make do with a new lego set when I was a kid :p

That's probably more than I've spent on myself in the last two years :eek:
Boggles my mind tbh. Do you even appreciate anything in life if everything is just handed to you like this? What about when this kid needs to get a job and pay for stuff?

Does he earn anything himself?

I'd have been blown away by just one of the items in that picture, but getting all of them? Surely that just makes it all "meh"? I dunno. I'm not a parent but I suspect we're witnessing the early stages of a spoilt brat here, unless there's more to this story.
Some clarification

In March he mentioned he would like a gaming PC for Christmas.
We said it was very expensive but if he worked hard at school, football and did some chores at home then it could be possible. He’s done all of that - feedback from his teachers and football academy coach have been amazing, so this is his reward.

If rewards like this mean he’s achieving his goals and winning at life them I’m all for it :)

Then lockdown happened.
From March to the start of September school was closed so he was at home with me, during this time I was under significant pressure at work (WFH), so he was alone for large parts of day whilst I worked.
I developed a Monday - Friday timetable so he had some structure and focus. He was amazing and I couldn’t have got through that period without his company and ability to just get on with his school work, learning and our short lunch outdoor breaks together.

The PS5 is a gift from me for his support during this time. He has no idea it’s coming, it’s so secret even my partner doesn’t know I’ve got it :)

This year has been very tough and life can be too short, so let’s enjoy it !!!

The presents don't bother me I'm sure your son will love them all! Good work getting hold of the PS5 and 3070.

It's the stacking of all the things in a nice framed shot in the living room that is a little odd to me.

Bragging rights/epeen or keeping up with the Jones'?
I got it all out of the garage so I could wrap it up, sorting it into ‘from us’ and ‘from Santa’ and just arranged it for a photo :)

Associate
Some clarification

We said it was very expensive but if he worked hard at school, football and did some chores at home then it could be possible. He’s done all of that - feedback from his teachers and football academy coach have been amazing, so this is his reward.

If rewards like this mean he’s achieving his goals and winning at life them I’m all for it :)

Then lockdown happened.
From March to the start of September school was closed so he was at home with me, during this time I was under significant pressure at work (WFH), so he was alone for large parts of day whilst I worked.
I developed a Monday - Friday timetable so he had some structure and focus. He was amazing and I couldn’t have got through that period without his company and ability to just get on with his school work, learning and our short lunch outdoor breaks together.

The PS5 is a gift from me for his support during this time. He has no idea it’s coming, it’s so secret even my partner doesn’t know I’ve got it :)

I got it all out of the garage so we could wrap it up, sorting it into ‘from us’ and ‘from Santa’ and just arranged it for a photo :)
yes its a lot, but from that description it sounds like your a great dad with a lovely son. good on you mate. have a crimbo electronic handshake from me.

Associate
Some clarification

Then lockdown happened.

I got it all out of the garage so I could wrap it up, sorting it into ‘from us’ and ‘from Santa’ and just arranged it for a photo :)

Sounds ace! Let's face it, the PS5 may be of some use to you too ;)

Caporegime
Some clarification

Then lockdown happened.

Fair enough dude, that's some wholesome stuff :)

Merry Christmas both of you, hope he loves it!

Soldato
4lSHowe.jpg

id Been thinking about getting a stand-alone 4K player for ages, As just found it a lot of faff using my Xbox as a bluray player especially using the Xbox controller as a remote, Very happy with this player its quick at starting up, Has loads of features etc.

I haz 4090!
Don
id Been thinking about getting a stand-alone 4K player for ages, As just found it a lot of faff using my Xbox as a bluray player especially using the Xbox controller as a remote, Very happy with this player its quick at starting up, Has loads of features etc.

Nice one, I've been thinking about getting something similar. With everything being at the touch of a button nowadays, I miss getting up off the sofa and physically putting a film in to watch. Feels like more of an occasion.

Back
Top Bottom