Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
hdarucf.jpg

5900X
3080 FE
32gb 3200 MHz Corsair Vengeance
Corsair H115 RGB Pro
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI

I have since replaced the rear and top exhaust fans with be quiet! Silent Wings 3 as the Case ones (NZXT H511) were a bit loud.

I'm having an odd issue with 3 beeps and it still boots, but the keyboard doesn't work until I unlpug it and connect it again. Apart from that I am happy with the performance... but not the 3080 FE coil whine

Soldato
hdarucf.jpg

5900X
3080 FE
Corsair H115 RGB Pro

I have since replaced the rear and top exhaust fans with be quiet! Silent Wings 3 as the Case ones (NZXT H511) were a bit loud.

I'm having an odd issue with 3 beeps and it still boots, but the keyboard doesn't work until I unlpug it and connect it again. Apart from that I am happy with the performance... but not the 3080 FE coil whine
The coil whine will disappear after a couple of months

Soldato
5900X
3080 FE
Corsair H115 RGB Pro

Your rad is the wrong way up - it needs to be top mounted or tubes at the bottom :)

Might be the cause of the whining you're experiencing.

Man of Honour
It’s more of an audio problem than anything else. If it’s not creating any noise as it is then I wouldn’t rush out to change it.

The above video says that it’s principally a problem when the pump (I.e. the cpu cover) is the highest point in the loop.

Soldato
What’s the average lifespan of an AIO cooler? How long can I expect my H100i to last?

I believe the warranty with corsair is 5 years. As the warranty is so good (still covers liquid damage iirc), I personally wouldn't run one much past that unless the gpu was also very dated. Many people run them longer of course with no issue. Big difference between having a 6+ year aio top mounted over an old middle of the line gpu compared to say a 3090.

Soldato
Some batteries

IMG-20201229-132313-01.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Today arrived two watches. I have not gone insane yet. I just like these, and for the first time have found a G-Shock that I never knew came in a decent size. GWM-5610, the natural successor to the original G-Shock Square from 1983.

Pictures on its own don't show its use of effective size, so here it is next to a 39mm traditional watch:

G-Shock_vs_Laco.jpg

And then this, the Hamilton Pilot Khaki Pilot Pioneer, a re-issue of their W10 model from the 1970s which was issued to the British and American militaries respectively. It is a hand wind watch running the ETA 2801-2 base then boosted by Hamilton to give 80 hours power reserves. Has a very nice click ratchet when winding, and can be heard ticking from 4 feet away in a quiet room!

Hamilton-Khaki-Pilot%20Pioneer-Mechanical_Front.jpg

They help but its minimal which is obvious enough from how much tyre is still free to throw stuff up. Having done several thousand miles with each type on I can safely say the full size ones are worth it in winter :p

No such thing as an effective rear mudguard that looks decent though really. The small ones that attach to the saddle are basically useless. Again mudhugger is the one to go for, I've done full day rides with it on and arse still dry enough to go sit straight down in a pub after :cool:

cJ4DbxR_d.webp

Have to say the rear ones like that do look a bit hideous :o

I think I'd rather get caked in mud that stick one on my bike lol, no offence of course! Looks like a cool location though :cool:

Back
Top Bottom