Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
MKBHD skin from dbrand, was ordered back in November as was on a limited edition shipping after Xmas. It finally arrived :cool:

MKBHD_Skin.jpg

Nice OnePlus logo right in the centre for your Samsung to hide behind. :o:D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That's a shame, but how are the pads? I will need to replace mine again soon.

Honest opinion? I've had some time with them now and luckily I still have a pair of orginal stock 650 pads that I bought spare brand new and never really used as bought the Dekoni Elite Velour shortly after which I've had for a couple years now.

Honest opinion of the Choice Suede pads is that they are extremely comfy as you would expect from memory foam pads, but the sound is too different. Here's what I said on reddit:

Immediately I noticed the soundstage is much more central and songs and media that once felt airy and open in detail felt enclosed. The highs were not as crisp any more either.

I should have read the Dekoni website as they kind of allude to this with their own overview and freq graph - I had just assumed they would be just as good as the Velour.

Anyway, I still have the stock pads so I put those on and am hearing the open air detail once again.

To be honest now, given the cost of importing and the overall cost, I will now stick to stock pads. Not as comfy as memory foam, and the bass depth is slightly less punchy, but the soundstage is perfect and they don't cost much to replace.

Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone out there still on the fence about either for their Senns.

The suedes do look superb though and feel so nice, just a shame about the sound presentation :(

So if you do want more comfy pads and want to retain the stock sound just with better bass response then buy the Velour Elite pads, but if the cost + import fees is too much, buy the stock pads instead.

It's going to cost too much to return these so I'm kind of stuck with them sitting in the box in a cupboard, I have now gone back to the stock pads. I may well just put them on eBay though to claw some funds back.

Soldato
Honest opinion? I've had some time with them now and luckily I still have a pair of orginal stock 650 pads that I bought spare brand new and never really used as bought the Dekoni Elite Velour shortly after which I've had for a couple years now.

Honest opinion of the Choice Suede pads is that they are extremely comfy as you would expect from memory foam pads, but the sound is too different. Here's what I said on reddit:

So if you do want more comfy pads and want to retain the stock sound just with better bass response then buy the Velour Elite pads, but if the cost + import fees is too much, buy the stock pads instead.

It's going to cost too much to return these so I'm kind of stuck with them sitting in the box in a cupboard, I have now gone back to the stock pads. I may well just put them on eBay though to claw some funds back.

Ah that's a shame. I think the pads I have on now were direct replacements and they sound just the same as the originals are purchase. I also need to think about getting a new pad for the top of the headphones too. It has really squished up!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Associate
av_SennHD650_Dekoni_suede.jpg

Slightly annoyed, bought the new Dekoni suede memory foam version of the earpads I had before (velour memory foam) as the odl ones had started to tear on the inside. Came from the USA and today UPS rinsed me of £18.65 worth of fees!

I need to order some new pads for my Sennheiser headphones. tempted to give the suede version ago instead of the leather effect.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The sheepskin (the one with the vent holes) is said to be as close to stock pad sound as possible whilst adding the extra comfort. For me anything that isn't velour or suede etc just doesn't feel nice. I like cosy soft warm not the initial cold to the touch etc which is leather and leather wears faster as well and cannot be cleaned as easily.

GIven the cost though now especially after import fees I would seriously just recommend buying replacement OEM pads for £30.

Back
Top Bottom