Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Hair of the dog

IMG-20220423-180348-01.jpg

Soldato
I've a Snap On top box and chest in the garden shed and the same (but) Mac Tools in the garage, but couldn't resist this massive top box for £200 from my old ramp buddy at Toyota.
He's retired today and offered me some great deals on some of his old gear, and it seemed rude not to..

nRbd6Zt.jpg

Not really sure what I'm going to fill it with as I'm full time MOT tester, but hey, a good deal is a good deal :D

Soldato
It's even easier these days. You just need an app and a mate with a tablet to wave near your front door until it finds your key inside the house. 15 seconds and they're off.

Only if the car has comfort access. It’s a bit trickier without and if the car is locked.

Faraday boxes are a great tool.

Indeed. My keys are in a Faraday box at home and pouch when I'm away.

A lot of cars in the last year or so have resolved this issue by making the keys go dormant if they don't detect movement after 30 secs or so.

I appreciate this doesn't help older cars... More of an FYI

Caporegime
I've a Snap On top box and chest in the garden shed and the same (but) Mac Tools in the garage, but couldn't resist this massive top box for £200 from my old ramp buddy at Toyota.
He's retired today and offered me some great deals on some of his old gear, and it seemed rude not to..

nRbd6Zt.jpg

Not really sure what I'm going to fill it with as I'm full time MOT tester, but hey, a good deal is a good deal :D

One doth not need an excuse to spendeth thy funds on tools.

Dem's da rules.

Lovely box, now stuff if with shinies :D

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
It has been perfect, a big upgrade from my previous 218j. Plex is snappy and no issues to date. Migration was a little tricky as originally I couldn't log in using my credentials, but a reinstall of DSM sorted that, and is fortunately on a separate partition so no data losses.

Transferred my config over from the old NAS no issues and has been working perfectly.

I have also been using Home Assistant in a Docker, but still figuring out what I want to do with that.

I have 2 8tb Segate ironwolf drives, each with 26,600 hours of use on transfer, but again no issues at all.

My 215j is abysmal at accessing away from home, this could be a nice upgrade? I have 2 WD Red 4TB in raid 1 would it be straight forward to swap?

Soldato

nRbd6Zt.jpg

I am very jealous! Looks like it could do with some castors on it.

Soldato
Samsung JetBot 90 ai+

Replaces a Neato D700. Bought the Samsung because I've been after a robot that's D shaped and utilises LIDAR and cameras. I find LIDAR is best for general navigation and cameras enable obstacle avoidance, plus D shapped allows it to the front mounted main brush close to edges - unlike round bots.

Soldato
Bought one of these air purifier bois and now want another one for the bedroom! For years I've struggled to get a decent nights sleep due to my former job having oddball hours, so 4-5hrs has been the norm for over a decade. Since I threw this in the bedroom I've overslept for days. Annoyingly it was £144 from the forest, it is on sale now for £127.

iySBM5w.jpg

5iQI9TJ.jpg

Soldato
For years I've struggled to get a decent nights sleep due to my former job having oddball hours, so 4-5hrs has been the norm for over a decade. Since I threw this in the bedroom I've overslept for days.

That's interesting. It's not something I would have linked to sleep quality? What makes the difference do you think?

For me, trying the GoPro 10 with Volta in an attempt to up my vlogging game -

View attachment VJFbvlp.jpg

I paid £10 for speedy shipping, which then had delays, so I nagged GoPro and they're sending me a free 'chesty'. I then realised I didn't have the included Micro SD card, but couldn't be bother to chase for a 32GB that I would likely replace anyway, so just ordered a new card -

gcbU9nF.jpg

Soldato
That's interesting. It's not something I would have linked to sleep quality? What makes the difference do you think?

I’m not sure really, at first I thought it was just me being tired but 4 days in a row now I’ve slept very well. It’s not like the air in my place is bad in the first place - until the missus begins cooking anyway.

My main reason for purchasing was to reduce dust and pollen. There’s to be a massive construction project nearby later this year so I expect this will help particulates that float in from that.

Soldato
I’m not sure really, at first I thought it was just me being tired but 4 days in a row now I’ve slept very well.

I'm rather up for trying it. I'm actually just not sure where I could put it in my room... it looks like a pretty huge item. I'm guessing the suggestion of 15" of space all around is a little over the top? If anything, there is one corner of the room I could stick it in...

Soldato
I'm rather up for trying it. I'm actually just not sure where I could put it in my room... it looks like a pretty huge item. I'm guessing the suggestion of 15" of space all around is a little over the top? If anything, there is one corner of the room I could stick it in...
It is a tubby fella. Stands a little over 30cm high best guess (on the way to work atm so can’t measure).

15” seems a bit OTT yes. Ideally they’re best situated in the middle of the room but that isn’t an easy feat in most uk households.

I think 15” is stated to allow for decent airflow around that rear laser AQ sensor. I place mine on a bedside table or nexto the tv as pictured and I feel it has enough room around it. In future I’ll likely move my second unit to the floor besides the tv cabinet so it can grab low lying dust and hair if that makes sense.

Tempted to take the filter out tonight to see how much it has collected.

Associate
My 215j is abysmal at accessing away from home, this could be a nice upgrade? I have 2 WD Red 4TB in raid 1 would it be straight forward to swap?

I am not sure, you will need to check specific compatibility for migration between the 215j and the 220+.

I just took the drives out of one, booted them in the other and was given the migrate option, so that was easy, but after migration I couldn't access using my credentials, so I did a reset mode 2 - press the reset button for 4 seconds until it beeped, then a further 10 seconds until it beeps again. This wiped DSM and when I booted it again I was prompted to reinstall DSM, which went fine, and all my data was still there.

After this I had backed up my configuration previously to my PC, so I reinstalled that and all was fine.

It will certainly be a huge upgrade. I was 200 miles away yesterday and PLEX worked remotely no issues - obviously depends on your internet connection to though!

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I am not sure, you will need to check specific compatibility for migration between the 215j and the 220+.

I just took the drives out of one, booted them in the other and was given the migrate option, so that was easy, but after migration I couldn't access using my credentials, so I did a reset mode 2 - press the reset button for 4 seconds until it beeped, then a further 10 seconds until it beeps again. This wiped DSM and when I booted it again I was prompted to reinstall DSM, which went fine, and all my data was still there.

After this I had backed up my configuration previously to my PC, so I reinstalled that and all was fine.

It will certainly be a huge upgrade. I was 200 miles away yesterday and PLEX worked remotely no issues - obviously depends on your internet connection to though!

Thanks @martin363 I'll take a look at a comparison page, if it turns out to be that easy to swap I may just do it.

Soldato
Bought one of these air purifier bois and now want another one for the bedroom! For years I've struggled to get a decent nights sleep due to my former job having oddball hours, so 4-5hrs has been the norm for over a decade. Since I threw this in the bedroom I've overslept for days. Annoyingly it was £144 from the forest, it is on sale now for £127.

5iQI9TJ.jpg

Clean air filter and a reed scent diffuser right next to it? So the filter is removing the scent from the air and using up the lifespan of the filter? A waste of money on both counts.

Back
Top Bottom