Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Got another pew pew today.
A PCP rifle, a lot more powerful than the Co2 pistol, pretty accurate too.
That said, I need to set the target further down the garden for a bit more of a challenge..

XDv1tOs.jpg
V5bTtoI.jpg
2eJ6hJY.jpg

Associate
Are you running Plex from the box or just have it served up to Plex running on a separate machine? I’d like to move away from running Plex on my pc
I am running Plex on the NAS, the 220+ is perfect for it, more than capable of direct delivery and transcoding of 4k. I moved from the PC a while ago and it was my main reason for upgrading my NAS, to deliver a good Plex experience with the Intel Celeron which the NAS has.

I did upgrade the RAM from 2gb to 6GB, only cost 18 pounds so why not, but I don't think it was necessary.

Soldato
It has been perfect, a big upgrade from my previous 218j. Plex is snappy and no issues to date. Migration was a little tricky as originally I couldn't log in using my credentials, but a reinstall of DSM sorted that, and is fortunately on a separate partition so no data losses.

Transferred my config over from the old NAS no issues and has been working perfectly.

I have also been using Home Assistant in a Docker, but still figuring out what I want to do with that.

I have 2 8tb Segate ironwolf drives, each with 26,600 hours of use on transfer, but again no issues at all.

I have a 220+ NAS and it’s been solid but so have all my other Synology devices.

Thanks both, just ordered one with 2x4tb Ironwolf's.

Associate
New garden fence.

Before:

52021757620_1b56eb0239_b.jpg

After:

52021765240_2271d2e5bd_b.jpg

Next job in a couple weeks is to extend the patio into the lawn and install some french/bi-fold doors leading to the garden.

Soldato
New garden fence.
Next job in a couple weeks is to extend the patio into the lawn and install some french/bi-fold doors leading to the garden.
That's really nice.

Would you mind me asking a ballpark of how much that was? It looks like it'll last.

Associate
That's really nice.

Would you mind me asking a ballpark of how much that was? It looks like it'll last.

It was £1065 for materials, delivery and labour. My wife's uncle did it so I think we got his 10% trade discount for the materials.

I was very impressed with the quality of the panels, especially as I know they were only £35 each from the merchant, built to order. Compared to the ready made panels of the same price at Wickes and B&Q (pretty much same as what were there before) these are extremely heavy duty.

Last edited:
Soldato
@CapitalOne - we just flew to<->from Girona (first flight in 5 years!). Looking to carbon offset, do you have any suggestions?

It is nice to be able to travel a bit after so long!

Glad you enjoyed it!

I cheat - company has a carbon offsetting scheme as a benefit so it's also a minor tax dodge :) plus I've saved the environment about 20 flights in the last 2.5 years so I am reconcilled.

We cannot wait...I know it's not the most imaginative place but when we planned it we wanted to be as covid savvy as possible so DXB has good healthcare, had low rates and lots of flights if there was a problem. I guess I didn't bank on the spending the time with lots of Russians part :D

Soldato
I may be ignorant here, but have modern cars not yet got sufficient security to prevent them being nicked?

I understand putting one of these on an old car that's trivial to bypass the ignition.....but on something new (ish) :confused:

It's even easier these days. You just need an app and a mate with a tablet to wave near your front door until it finds your key inside the house. 15 seconds and they're off.

Man of Honour
It's even easier these days. You just need an app and a mate with a tablet to wave near your front door until it finds your key inside the house. 15 seconds and they're off.
Only if the car has comfort access. It’s a bit trickier without and if the car is locked.

Faraday boxes are a great tool.

Back
Top Bottom