Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
That's really good, did you actually plant them properly or go with the sprinkle and hope method?
Sprinkle and hope is a good way to describe it lol

I think instructions said to rake it, put seeds down, press them down and cover with top soil - we sort of followed these steps, not quite in that order and didn't use any top soil.

Bit of back story... we had a raised bank on one side of the garden, which we disliked since we bought the house. As we found out, it was made from mostly rubble, some massive roots and a bit of soil. The whole garden was also very uneven, and much lower compared to the patio area. We dug up the bank, removed all the rubble and trees/bushes, then spread and raked the soil to try to bring it up higher and make it more level. We succeeded to some extent, it's far from perfect, but better than before.

We didn't have any fancy seed spreaders, just used the box built-in one. I hired a roller from HSS for £30 for a week to press down the soil before we put the seeds down. We've tried to avoid walking on it, but we still had some work to do on the shed, which is why you can see a path on the left side in the middle picture.
I had two sprinklers set up to water the grass every night without having to walk on it. We saw bits of grass after about a week and then gradually more and more every day - the old grass came through first. After about 3 weeks where I thought the grass was good enough to walk on, I've set the lawn mower to the highest level and cut it, barely collected a basket.

After that, I bought a smaller box of the same seeds for the parts that were a bit more bare. I put plenty of water on these parts, then raked it, so it was quite muddy, sprinkled seeds again and pressed them down. It wasn't looking great at first, but again after 2 weeks I could see the grass. I am hoping now with each cut it will get stronger and thicker.

This was the garden before we started:

frOCKjM.jpg

Last edited:
Associate

So close yet so far.

I won the euro lottery once. I got all the numbers apart from one, it was a 4 instead of a 5. So six correct numbers and one wrong. I for sure thought I'd won a couple hundred grand, was only £2.5k. Still nice but couldn't believe how low the prize was so close to the jackpot. Only played once or twice since.

Soldato
I got some tea bags, accidentally included a veiw, Knightsbridge Lidl ones they seem ok , I've used expensive ones that split in my flask, end up with sludge.
I am a morning coffee person but like tea on my walks or tea breaks
Edit the foam is from pouring I hope or I seriously need to clean my flask

IMG20230623112859.jpg

Last edited:
I got some tea bags, accidentally included a veiw, Knightsbridge Lidl ones they seem ok , I've used expensive ones that split in my flask, end up with sludge.
I am a morning coffee person but like tea on my walks or tea breaks
Edit the foam is from pouring I hope or I seriously need to clean my flask

IMG20230623112859.jpg
My sister in law would call thar colour baby tea! :cry:

Associate
Picked up a new switch. Been eyeing this up for a while with the hope of a price drop. It's a Zyxel XGS1210-12 and i was able to get it for £125 which isn't bad for a Managed 10gb/2.5gb/1gb switch. Its not mega feature rich but will do LACP/VLANS etc which is all I need.

VNcKBB0h.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom