Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Only went down Sainsburys for some egg noodles, mushrooms and steak for tomorrows tea and came back with a comb because I have much bamboo to detangle.

EWSFhy9h.jpg

At least it's a vegan comb. So it should offset the delicious steak and keep the militant brigade on here at bay. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Does it work?
Is the head fine?
Does it have potential to become a classic?

Paint looks good.
It runs! There's an electrical issue so it doesn't charge the battery but we had a blast around with a charged battery. Hopefully just an alternator or wiring/fuse fault :)

Head has always been fine apparently, not losing coolant etc. The chap seemed to have been keeping an eye out so I'm reasonably confident.

Could become a classic, I certain intend to spruce it up, nice to have something British made/not shipped halfway round the world!

One or two small rust spots but, much better condition than the one I had a look at last weekend. Sills look good.

Soldato
Did you just change system again? It must be costing you a fortune.
Yep, lol.

I actually didn't lose much at all. I got a good deal on my X-H2s to start with, where I got a $500 gift card when I bought it which went towards my 18-135 (Which was already heavily discounted at about $800nz instead of about $1400). I also bought a 10-24 for $500, which I then sold for $600, so, all in all, i'm probably no more than $100 out of pocket from selling.

As good as the Fujifilm is / was, I still preferred the Sony system and lenses, and the A7iv was going to be my original choice when I bought the X-H2s last year but there were no good offers at the time, and of course, I got a great offer on the Fuji so that swayed my choice. I've never had full frame before, and it's an itch I wanted to scratch, so here we are. Now I just need lenses, I'm going to Fiji on a cruise in a couple of weeks, so i'm going to pick up a 24-105 G Oss today, just to have a decent walkabout lens to start me off, then I think i'm going to look at primes after that.

Soldato
Head has always been fine apparently, not losing coolant etc. The chap seemed to have been keeping an eye out so I'm reasonably confident.
Any problems with the head were sorted many many years ago with a revised head gasket with better dowels.
I see plenty this time of year for servicing and MOT and they're pretty much faultless.
BRG is obviously the correct colour to choose for ownership :)

Soldato
Any problems with the head were sorted many many years ago with a revised head gasket with better dowels.
I see plenty this time of year for servicing and MOT and they're pretty much faultless.
BRG is obviously the correct colour to choose for ownership :)
If I'm really lucky it will match my 2003 Toyota Yaris which is a similar dark green :D

Caporegime
Yep, lol.

I actually didn't lose much at all. I got a good deal on my X-H2s to start with, where I got a $500 gift card when I bought it which went towards my 18-135 (Which was already heavily discounted at about $800nz instead of about $1400). I also bought a 10-24 for $500, which I then sold for $600, so, all in all, i'm probably no more than $100 out of pocket from selling.

As good as the Fujifilm is / was, I still preferred the Sony system and lenses, and the A7iv was going to be my original choice when I bought the X-H2s last year but there were no good offers at the time, and of course, I got a great offer on the Fuji so that swayed my choice. I've never had full frame before, and it's an itch I wanted to scratch, so here we are. Now I just need lenses, I'm going to Fiji on a cruise in a couple of weeks, so i'm going to pick up a 24-105 G Oss today, just to have a decent walkabout lens to start me off, then I think i'm going to look at primes after that.

You’ll love it!

Soldato
Sony 24-105 F/4 G OSS (used but mint condition (They wanted $999, I offered $850, they accepted)

Sony 16-35 F/4 Zeiss (Brand new, was on clearance from $1766 to $1567, I asked if they could do any better, got it for $1365)

Peak Design Slide lite strap, because the Sony one provided is cheap and nasty!

52999533925_efef960764_b_d.jpg

Soldato
Why don’t you just drive it home?
It's got a charging problem so would only go half a hour on the battery I think. But also, needed a buddy to drive my car back (and in case the battery dies). I shall go get it next weekend I think :)

It's an MG.
So pretty much this :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Lots of scouting around but I've found one I like and within my modest budget, looking forward to getting this home once I can arrange transport:

Limp wristed hairdresser detected

EDIT: ahh i see Flor_Fina got there first :p

EDIT2: also Diddums :D

Also, when you say "lots of scouting around" did you really mean "lots of mincing around"?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom