Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Amazon have turned up with an belt.

s72uK1Il.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D
Commissario
We saw bits of grass after about a week and then gradually more and more every day
It’ll be a week tomorrow since I put the seeds down.

We’re seeding a strip against a fence, it’s about 15m long and 0.75m wide. Considering that box of seed is supposed to do 40m3, I used about two thirds of the box.

mupHFNs.jpg

The soil is awful. I simply raked it over to disturb it a bit, walked up and down with the hose to get it wet and then sprinkled the seeds down. Went back a bit later and just walked over the entire length in my slippers to press them in.

Each day since, I’ve walked the length with the hose on sprinkle, up and down twice. Three times a day.

I have grass showing in places. Woohoo :D It works.

Soldato
It’ll be a week tomorrow since I put the seeds down.

We’re seeding a strip against a fence, it’s about 15m long and 0.75m wide. Considering that box of seed is supposed to do 40m3, I used about two thirds of the box.

mupHFNs.jpg

The soil is awful. I simply raked it over to disturb it a bit, walked up and down with the hose to get it wet and then sprinkled the seeds down. Went back a bit later and just walked over the entire length in my slippers to press them in.

Each day since, I’ve walked the length with the hose on sprinkle, up and down twice. Three times a day.

I have grass showing in places. Woohoo :D It works.

You may have to contact fukushima daiichi to remove more topsoil.

If this doesn't work, it may be better to scrub out and replace the soil with something half decent.

Commissario
You may have to contact fukushima daiichi to remove more topsoil.
Oh ye of little faith ;)

Gave it an extra watering yesterday evening just as the sun was going down and gave the seeds a good talking to, suggesting they knuckle down and have a growth spurt overnight.

Woke up to this. It proper sprouted overnight.

TKJdJkV.jpeg

Soldato
Oh ye of little faith ;)

Gave it an extra watering yesterday evening just as the sun was going down and gave the seeds a good talking to, suggesting they knuckle down and have a growth spurt overnight.

Woke up to this. It proper sprouted overnight.

TKJdJkV.jpeg

That little chat obviously did the job :cry:

I've seen seed thrown down onto some rough looking soil when I was working on a new prison and then within weeks it looked really good. It got plenty water.

Caporegime
I swear korean spices are so underrated or rather, underestimated. I've always thought growing up that things like Vindaloo being the peak of spice, but not when i went to Korea did I realise that what I consider to be like 8/10, they consider to be mild, like 3/10. Their tongues and tolerance to spice is built different. If you ask a street vendor "no spice?", he will say "no spice"....but if it's red....it's most likely to be spicy, they just consider it a flavour. Their norm is probably like 8/10 on the heat level of what British are used to, and that's for people who actually eat spicy food, if you don't eat spicy food...Korean spice will blow your head off.

WNRDU5M.jpg

I bought this in a food court in Korea before I realise that....if it's red, it's 99% likely it is spicy. If I had known that, i wouldn't have ordered this, even the soup was spicy. There was no respite between bites.

I eat Shin ramen quiet a lot, that is a normal level spice in Korea, I consider that to be like 8/10 level, my face sweats when i eat it and i boil it with more water than it says on the packet to dilute it a bit lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I swear korean spices are so underrated or rather, underestimated. I've always thought growing up that things like Vindaloo being the peak of spice, but not when i went to Korea did I realise that what I consider to be like 8/10, they consider to be mild, like 3/10. Their tongues and tolerance to spice is built different. If you ask a street vendor "no spice?", he will say "no spice"....but if it's red....it's most likely to be spicy, they just consider it a flavour. Their norm is probably like 8/10 on the heat level of what British are used to, and that's for people who actually eat spicy food, if you don't eat spicy food...Korean spice will blow your head off.

WNRDU5M.jpg

I bought this in a food court in Korea before I realise that....if it's red, it's 99% likely it is spicy. If I had known that, i wouldn't have ordered this, even the soup was spicy.

I eat Shin ramen quiet a lot, that is a normal level spice in Korea, I consider that to be like 8/10 level, my face sweats when i eat it and i boil it with more water than it says on the packet to dilute it a bit lol

If making for myself, it all goes in, but if making for the OH I am only allowed to use ½ tsp of gochujang and even then she finds it too hot.

Soldato

I bought this in a food court in Korea before I realise that....if it's red, it's 99% likely it is spicy. If I had known that, i wouldn't have ordered this, even the soup was spicy. There was no respite between bites.

Not to be crude, but there is no way in hell anyone from those countries has ever had a solid dump.

Caporegime
If making for myself, it all goes in, but if making for the OH I am only allowed to use ½ tsp of gochujang and even then she finds it too hot.

I put the whole packet in, but adding like 50% more water to bring the heat down to about 6/10 for my taste. If I make it to the instruction it would be like that meal above, and would be drinking water between every bite. That's just not enjoyable lol

Back
Top Bottom