Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Why do people pay for services on bikes? Except for suspension rebuilds, it's all simple diy stuff.

I do usually do it myself, but a few years back I had my wheels nicked and had replaced them myself, including rear cartridge, derailleur and new gear / brake cables. I haven't been able to get the indexing 100% perfect since, so thought I'd treat myself / my bike to a professional service.

They clearly saw me coming, though.

Soldato
They say bigger is better, but........

FujiNikonSml.jpg

I hope it isn't.
Andi.
PS Damn the battery is taking ages to charge!!

Associate
Replacing the ol' Model M..

QOM0ECf.png

Not sure about it yet.. Feels different.. smells different.. sounds different.. not as robust.. Hmmm...

Oh and waiting on my plain black/green keys to turn up from the States :)

Soldato
Why do people pay for services on bikes? Except for suspension rebuilds, it's all simple diy stuff.

Well,me personally i just dont know what im doing,I had a puncture and for convenience taken the quick release wheel off and taken it around my local bike shop got them to replace the inner tube,Put the wheel back on and my front disk brake was never the same again no matter how i adjusted it,I couldn't get it right so i just taken the whole bike in for a service as it had not been done in 12 months and i use it daily.
Its fine now though.

Good point, well spotted. They shouldn't be, I've emailed them.

Hope they get it sorted for you,Its the first thing i noticed just thought it was wierd that they were not the same.

Commissario
I love working on my bikes and I know you obviously do but some people can't be bothered because it's not their thing.
It also helps I have a great Park Tools stand and all the tools.

My dad used to hate working on push bikes, he just couldn't get on with them.

Motorbikes, cars, vans, trailers he was fine with, he had pretty much every tool under the sun for them, but he hated working on cycles as he never managed to get the knack of aligning the brakes etc.

Soldato
They're replacing the whole bike and all the accessories.

That's a bit of a bummer. I had a small issue with my bike (damaged disc). I insisted they replaced the disc and not the whole bike. I was happy with the rest of it and didn't want a whole new bike that might have issues in other places.

Have you considered buying it boxed and having a local bike shop build it?

Back
Top Bottom