Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
It slices through stuff on its own weight, very well balanced, I tried and compared it to others like Yaxell (prettier) or Wusthof. The Yaxell in particular looks amazing with its Damascus edge and polished wooden handle but it felt too grip heavy.

The Knife block is magnetic, not a very big one but all I need.

I've got Yaxell knives, i love them!

Associate
The sharpness and way it is crafted, in terms of function you could sharpen a £1 knife to perform as well with a whetstone and time, it will probably stay sharper for longer than the £1 knife though too

A friend from work gave me this absolutely knackered old cleaver, im talking chunks taken out of the edge etc. God knows what it was used on.
I spent hours upon hours sharpening the thing, its now one of my favourite knives.
Kind of proud of that one lol.

Don
How quiet is the PSU? Its the only thing that bugs me about my Microserver, as the original is quite loud.

Whisper silent - the hard drives are the loudest thing in mine now. If you haven't already replaced the 120mm fan with a quieter one, then that needs doing as well (I've use a 3 pin Gentle Typhoon, and just modded a 3 pin fan extension cable).

PSU was <£17 so thought it was worth a go, and pleased I did. Although it only has 1 molex connector, so you need a couple of splitters/adapters to provide the 4 Molex the microserver needs (e.g. I have a 1 Molex -> 3 Molex, and a Sata->Molex)

Associate
Whisper silent - the hard drives are the loudest thing in mine now. If you haven't already replaced the 120mm fan with a quieter one, then that needs doing as well (I've use a 3 pin Gentle Typhoon, and just modded a 3 pin fan extension cable).

PSU was <£17 so thought it was worth a go, and pleased I did. Although it only has 1 molex connector, so you need a couple of splitters/adapters to provide the 4 Molex the microserver needs (e.g. I have a 1 Molex -> 3 Molex, and a Sata->Molex)

Cheers for the info, that's my next project sorted :D

Associate
@LiE I had a canon MKII i loved it. Quite an expensive hobby i collected a few lenses 50mm pancake etc. Wasn't much cop at it mind so sold it. Seeing those images though i wish i had it still!

Caporegime
I may be an idiot, but I just can’t get to grips with sharpening knives. I have a steel and a stone but don’t think I’m using them right and I just can’t find a good YouTube video...
Anyone got some tips?

just buy an anysharp knife sharpener they are cheap and a 5 year old could sharpen a knife using one. i've had mine 10 years still sharpen knives to the point i just place them on a tomato and it slips right through them with no pressure.

cuts through potatoes with little force.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AnySharp-K...36&hvtargid=pla-353533093572&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

£8 - can't go wrong

Caporegime
just buy an anysharp knife sharpener they are cheap and a 5 year old could sharpen a knife using one. i've had mine 10 years still sharpen knives to the point i just place them on a tomato and it slips right through them with no pressure.

cuts through potatoes with little force.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AnySharp-K...36&hvtargid=pla-353533093572&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

£8 - can't go wrong

They're pretty bad for decent knives. They just tear little chunks of metal off the blade, you can see the bits left. Gives the blade some bite but not a great edge.

Something like a Minosharp does a better job.

Associate
IMG-20190426-WA0002.jpg

New sofa, cusions, and cushions.

Sofa is currently on the rug untul I get some foam pads for it (don't want to damage the flooring), and i'm also trying to flatten out the rug as it came rolled up. (which is also why the hoover and temporary seating are on the sides of it :D )

Caporegime
They're pretty bad for decent knives. They just tear little chunks of metal off the blade, you can see the bits left. Gives the blade some bite but not a great edge.

Something like a Minosharp does a better job.

My knife is a sabatier for £6 out Asda. It cuts better than any other knife I've used. Personally never seen what expensive knives offer

Back
Top Bottom