Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
x8hrKNhl.jpg

2011 VW T5, T32 Sportline, 2.0 twin-turbo 4Motion, LWB with full camper conversion.

It's got a pop-top and everything. I'll try and get some more pics at some point.

Soldato
Random yellow plant ,the big pot behind was down from £40 to a fiver ,fixed a crack in it and put brass wire around circumference to strengthen.
Got some frogs in the pond now .they were free and found their own way

IMG20220510192325.jpg

Also an echium further down at the end of that snake like drift wood ,they can go 20 ft plus big purple spikes

IMG20220510191442.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That’s wicked looking bike, front suspension electric? You converting it or is it meant to be semi electric?

There are quite a few electric bikes in this style with suspension. Gazelle and Karlkhof are decent brands at a slightly better price point.

This bike itself is just a Cannondale Adventure 1. Then the motor is a Bafang BBS02B mid drive unit.

Back in August i got her a cheap electric bike and she loves it, but with it being a front hub motor it's very heavy at the front for steering and with the original bike being a pretty budget one, everything else isn't great either and it's also very heavy. So given she uses it often i wanted to get her something better.

Main issue being that good electric bikes like this seem to be around the £2.5-£3k mark which puts it a bit beyond what's worth spending for pottering around, and she needs a throttle for occasional use which isn't always possible on shop bought electric bikes. This bike was £800 and then around £750 for the motor and battery puts it at a better price point for us and offers top end performance. Negatives obviously being that it looks less "polished" compared to the proper electric version of the Cannondale Adventure where the battery is fitted within the frame.

Only issue is that the battery rack i had bought didn't fit very well and is super heavy as it's 20AH which is overkill for her needs. I've ordered a downtube style battery at only 13AH which is still more than enough for her, but should be a decent weight saving. Just need to modify the rack to get it installed.

Man of Honour
Had a bit of a fox problem recently where a duo of foxes most mornings/nights will explore the driveway and walk all over my car, leaving dirty paw prints and scratch marks from their claws. So I got one of those ultrasonic motion detectors with a dial to tune in the frequency for specific animals.

The amusing thing is that on mode 2 (dogs/foxes etc) ,I can hear the frequency it emits but at mode 3/4 I cannot as much. Mode 1 is the loudest to my ears which is for mice and other rodent sized animals. My hearing is quite sensitive though (I can hear plug in power adapters and other electrical devices around an average house for example) but never experienced one of these devices before so was kind of fascinating. Apparently the younger you are the more likely you are to hear these high frequencies although I am 38... Anyway, it is not an issue from inside the house so all's well.

lU1AChm.jpg

Not bad for £20, solar powered too so kinda of set and forget and looking at the car this morning, no paw prints so it appears to be working so far :cool:

And then checking the doorbell cam I saw this motion detection from late last night:

PWQObUI.gif

Soldato
A little guide and some replacement brushes at a fiver to fix the £15 worth of scalextric I bought for my 8 year old the other day! Got two tracks worth and a couple of cars. As an aside, anyone know of a good track generator where you can input what size track you've got and it can create tracks for you?

Ee6lRN4.jpg

Soldato
Errrr for work?

I didn’t know you need to apply for a visa to enter Japan.
No, just to see family (in-laws). Japan has canceled all visa waivers for all countries, you can only get in if you are a citizen, hold a residence permit, are a spouse of a citizen, are a student or are on business. It looks like they'll be reinstating some level of travel "in line with other G7 nations" in June but we planned this trip prior to that announcement. Japanese visas are pretty cheap anyway, it was only £20

Caporegime
No, just to see family (in-laws). Japan has canceled all visa waivers for all countries. It looks like they'll be reinstating some level of travel "in line with other G7 nations" in June but we planned this trip prior to that announcement. Japanese visas are pretty cheap anyway, it was only £20

I just checked, the visa must be initiated by the sponsor inside Japan…guess I still can’t go even if I want to anyway. Although summer time is way too hot for me.

When do you go?

Soldato
I just checked, the visa must be initiated by the sponsor inside Japan…guess I still can’t go even if I want to anyway. Although summer time is way too hot for me.

When do you go?
My flight is next Wednesday evening and I'll be back in early July! I'm not looking forward to the summer but thankfully I'm going to be in Tohoku and leaving before the weather gets too unbearable.

Soldato
I’m actually quite jealous…have some Yoshinoya and Cocoichibanya!
Yeah definitely, my wife loves gyudon and curry rice so we'll probably go there at some point. My in-laws are taking us out for unagi too which I'm most excited about!

Some presents for the trip so I'm not just waffling on and not posting stuff I've bought :p
zhM708j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom