Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
SOURCE = https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82/overview-59-to-71

At night your cycle MUST have white front and red rear lights lit. It MUST also be fitted with a red rear reflector (and amber pedal reflectors, if manufactured after 1/10/85). White front reflectors and spoke reflectors will also help you to be seen. Flashing lights are permitted but it is recommended that cyclists who are riding in areas without street lighting use a steady front lamp.
Law RVLR regs 13, 18 & 24

So the spoke reflector aren't required. I very rarely see bikes with spoke reflectors, seems to be the first thing people remove. Also most decent after market pedals don't have reflectors so not sure why they are required by law, unless it just means the manufacturers must fit them?

No need to remove them, i was just saying they look better without. Better to be safe if you do a lot of road riding i guess. Personally I only ride off road so have removed all reflectors to save weight lol.

Associate
Man i soooo want a quadrocoptor plus go pro... i just cant justify it. Yet, need to find an excuse to buy one. Even tried to justify one for work heh.

Did wonder if i could get one to follow me down a snow slope.

Permabanned
SOURCE = https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82/overview-59-to-71

At night your cycle MUST have white front and red rear lights lit. It MUST also be fitted with a red rear reflector (and amber pedal reflectors, if manufactured after 1/10/85). White front reflectors and spoke reflectors will also help you to be seen. Flashing lights are permitted but it is recommended that cyclists who are riding in areas without street lighting use a steady front lamp.
Law RVLR regs 13, 18 & 24

Pedant :rolleyes:

Soldato
So the spoke reflector aren't required. I very rarely see bikes with spoke reflectors, seems to be the first thing people remove. Also most decent after market pedals don't have reflectors so not sure why they are required by law, unless it just means the manufacturers must fit them?

No need to remove them, i was just saying they look better without. Better to be safe if you do a lot of road riding i guess. Personally I only ride off road so have removed all reflectors to save weight lol.

yes, the way i read it on the lights and rear red reflector are a MUST.

So the spoke reflectors are coming off.

Associate
New bike purchased :)
81j8.jpg

Soldato
Your Harry Potter books bring it crashing back down. Move them further away.

I should mention that the ghetto shelves are not part of my man corner. Although I am in the process of slowly claiming it by adding more of my crap to it; my games, hand drill, upsidedown ATI 4850 (on the top shelf), ATI 2600 XT AGP (on top of the games) and random cooler and Sainsbury's bag of cables are all new additions ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom