Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Still trying to get an old SIM re-activated then I'll let you know :p

One gotcha, it uses a full size SIM so beware any potential owners!
Phone itself is as expected for the money. Cheap and cheerful. Seems reasonably responsive through the menus. Some weren't too clear what they did at first, but just different.

I guess IOS, Android, Firefox OS are all going to have a similar theme. It gives the appearance of fun and colour though. Potential for kids first smartphone maybe or introducing the oldies to them - One I idea I have for mine.

Hopefully have a SIM working shortly...

Associate
Been pretty busy lately and forgot i had Jungle Book on pre order. then Rambo came through the door so i went onto Zavvi to see what else i had on pre order and ended up buying A place beyond the pines. Only heard good things about it.

e7ff.jpg

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Well, SIM working now :)
Nice little handset. Sound is surprisingly punchy for the type of handset. Radio is decent with headphones plugged in for aerial.
Screen is decent for a basic phone and responds OK to touch. Accuracy may be a little low but I am never exceptional with this anyway!
Other installed apps are music and video players, alarm, calculator, mail, notes, maps etc.

Got the mail running OK and again seems slick enough. Not as advanced as Android. attachments have to be added from the area they exist - i.e email pics from album, rather than attach to message.

Much of the phone is based on web as expected. Firefox browser does the main job and seems good a rendering pages etc. Pinch and zoom is OK, maybe not ultra responsive. There is an 'app' store which so far has a few big hitters and quite a few other lesser known apps. Not tried any yet though.

Then there is also what I would describe as web apps. Rather than installed, you search for various subjects, weather, tv, etc and it brings back apps related to specific websites, for example Met Office or Sky. More refined searches bring customised pages - weather and Wales shows Google app for that area.

I think this is what they have been pushing as html5 developing where anyone should be able to do an app if they know web stuff.

I'll comment more as I use it or other questions specifically.
One other point, I also have the basic Lumia 620. On the face of it this is a much more polished affair and does feel a premium cheap phone - if there can be such a thing! Having said that, the Firefox device is half the cost so take it in perspective.

It will be interesting to see how it develops and especially if it can get pushed just that little further hardware wise, but I think keeping it simple and low cost may help.

Soldato
Just a little Protection for my (main) Car Key.

rpV513E.png

bQMAFpS.png

Looked at the Leather ones, but they don't fit too well, and obscure the 3 buttons, from what I've read!. This one Fits perfectly, adds no extra bulk, the buttons are un-obscured and the Logo on the back of the key can be seen too!! :)

Plus the Blue (nearly) matches the colour of my car!! :D

Soldato
Coming from 2 mountain bikes to this is weird but debut outing this morning and home safe without any comedy falls due to using spd's for the 1st time!

DSC01189.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom