Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nice model! I would have liked the Borg cube model you get for subscribing, but you only get it after you've recieved 6 issues. And theres really only a few of the models I'd even want.

Man of Honour
OP
Joined the club:

rnn1.jpg

Associate
Nice model! I would have liked the Borg cube model you get for subscribing, but you only get it after you've recieved 6 issues. And theres really only a few of the models I'd even want.

Yeah not interested in any of the alien ships or the Excelsior, I just want the main ships from each of the eras plus the miranda class USS Reliant it's my favourite TOS era ship.
Joined the club:
Need to buy some replacement blades for mine, been sat there for months after I damaged them.

Associate
I got me some Star Trek, first issue only £1.99 be rude not to.
magazine.jpg

front.jpg
rear.jpg

At £10 for every other issue don't think I will be buying many. Next issue is 1701-A, issue 4 is the NX-01, 6 is Voyager and 11 is USS Reliant. Only ships I like.

Pro tip Ebay i done this with the 'gemstones' and 'insects'
magazines bought the whole set of each for a 10er!

Associate
I got me some Star Trek, first issue only £1.99 be rude not to.
magazine.jpg

front.jpg
rear.jpg

At £10 for every other issue don't think I will be buying many. Next issue is 1701-A, issue 4 is the NX-01, 6 is Voyager and 11 is USS Reliant. Only ships I like.

You have put it on the stand wrong :p. I thought it was held like that until it kept falling out every time I moved it.

http://i.imgur.com/uPFIwWS.jpg?1

Soldato
Excuse the toes, and the potato camera.

A new black box....
aUxp9Fol.jpg

What loveliness lies within?
ibRoKqfl.jpg

Shiny shiny.
ePTSJj9l.jpg

mmmmm rosewood, ebony, sapele, sitka spruce ....aaaahh.
2ysxq7sl.jpg

New guitar - Taylor 314ce.
Semi acoustic cutaway. It's very difficult to describe how nice the tone of this guitar is; then you plug it in and it just gets better.
I went to Birmingham yesterday and had a look at several guitars in the same range, eventually one felt right. It's surprising how different these instruments feel even though they look the same. Choosing a new guitar is never a quick process, all together it's been about 6 months of searching and trying out, changing my mind and weighing up the options. A bit over the original budget... but I think the result is worth every penny of it.
My old Seagull S6 it going to be very jealous... I'll have to make sure she doesn't feel neglected :o (a re-fret is due and some nice new strings ought to redress the balance).

Soldato
Excuse the toes, and the potato camera.

New guitar - Taylor 314ce.
Semi acoustic cutaway. It's very difficult to describe how nice the tone of this guitar is; then you plug it in and it just gets better.
I went to Birmingham yesterday and had a look at several guitars in the same range, eventually one felt right. It's surprising how different these instruments feel even though they look the same. Choosing a new guitar is never a quick process, all together it's been about 6 months of searching and trying out, changing my mind and weighing up the options. A bit over the original budget... but I think the result is worth every penny of it.
My old Seagull S6 it going to be very jealous... I'll have to make sure she doesn't feel neglected :o (a re-fret is due and some nice new strings ought to redress the balance).

Raymond is going to be jealous! :D

kd

Soldato
Of the half dozen or so I tried at the shop, there was very little between them in terms of quality of build. Part of the price is the brand, the rest is the materials and the design and the 'voice'.

The 214ce I looked at was really nice - much brighter midrange tonally when unplugged than the one I bought, this was due to the rosewood laminate back and sides - apart from a slight change in the pickups and the laminate woods, it was the same guitar as the 314ce.
The 214ce goes for around £800+. For that kind of money there is a lot of choice with other brands. But it is a bit much for a laminate guitar imho, plus it comes with a gig-bag not a hard case - a bit of a let-down.

The Taylor 300 series guitars are their first entry (at that price point) to an all solid wood guitar. The voice of the 314 type spoke to me with a warmer more mellow tone than the 214.
Both are very nice guitars and my inner tight-wad nearly won out in choosing the 214ce. In the end I was going to walk away with an instrument that I would not be disappointed with regardless of the model, so I chose tone over price.

I've been playing guitars on and off since I was 19 or 20; my first guitar being a Squier jazz bass (I still have it). Since then I've acquired another bass (fretless this time) and two acoustic guitars (my seagull, and a little 3/4 size unbranded classical for 15 quid out of a second-hand shop window).
I love them all, but the only one I bought new was the jazz bass. Everything else has been second hand.

So finally, after almost 20 years, it was time for a new guitar. I won't say how much more the 314ce was compared to the 214ce, but suffice to say it's getting into the region I like to call 'eye-watering'. If you care to look at some of the higher series taylors, the 400's 500's 600's 700's 800's 900's then there's the 'custom' 'presentation' and 'limited' series guitars - lord save me from sinful thoughts - I think I came away with the right guitar for me at the right price.

Associate
Beautiful guitar jumpy. Looks a lot like my 'entry' level Crafter GAE-8 (not the sunburst one) but I'm sure it sounds much better amped. What strings you use on that? I've found that light gauge give a lovely sound with grand auditoriums both acoustic and amped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom