Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OM NOM NOM

vrzc.jpg

Soldato
Finally arrived after 6 days lost in Royal Mail land. For the bedroom seeing as the PS3 and WDTV Live are in the lounge. Can be hacked to put Plex on it so I can stream from my network share. Not bad at all for £9.99

snip

intrigued... how does this differ from netflix etc? what is the cost other than 9.99 for the box? i cant search for it at the moment as im on a work pc.

Soldato
intrigued... how does this differ from netflix etc? what is the cost other than 9.99 for the box? i cant search for it at the moment as im on a work pc.

Now TV is currently £8.99 a month for 3 months (GroupOn did a deal for 6 months free but I missed out on that, doh !) and then £15 a month.

I don't think you need a Now TV subscription to use the iPlayer facility but they are adding features all the time.

However you can access the developer menu on the box and install 1 application at a time, therefore Plex can be installed.

Once that works and after my 3 months are up I will just cancel the Now TV as apart from very new movies there's nothing else they offer that Netflix doesn't.

edit: To use the box you will need a Now TV account (which is free) and this will give access to non-subscription apps such as iPlayer & 5OD. The free services will work even if you don't have a subscription or if you subscription has lapsed.

Soldato
Now TV is currently £8.99 a month for 3 months (GroupOn did a deal for 6 months free but I missed out on that, doh !) and then £15 a month.

I don't think you need a Now TV subscription to use the iPlayer facility but they are adding features all the time.

However you can access the developer menu on the box and install 1 application at a time, therefore Plex can be installed.

Once that works and after my 3 months are up I will just cancel the Now TV as apart from very new movies there's nothing else they offer that Netflix doesn't.

ah, okay i see! thanks! :p

Soldato
It's very wrong they advertise this as NowTV when there's no TV on offer it's just movies. At least Netflix has lots of TV series on their service.

netflix works out cheaper even if you pay for a US VPN, for all the american content as well as the uk stuff. i think. its what im doing at the moment on my ps3!

edit: and i agree, that is a bit wrong to advertise the TV bit

Soldato
Yep I know been a long term Netflix user but I wanted to get SKySports one weekend and signed up for it. I'm happy to pay £8.99 to catch up on some very new movies out but I will not be paying £15 for it when the offer expires. Typical Sky rip off that is

Man of Honour
Now tv could be so good, but they are being so incredibly slow to roll it out.
They are meant to be bringing out tv series on it and exapnd their back catalogue. Rather than just being what's on the movie channels. But they've been saying that since they launched it.

Soldato
Yep I know been a long term Netflix user but I wanted to get SKySports one weekend and signed up for it. I'm happy to pay £8.99 to catch up on some very new movies out but I will not be paying £15 for it when the offer expires. Typical Sky rip off that is

I think that £9.99 for a 24 hours of sport is well overpriced, when it was buy one get one free though I don't think it's too bad value then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom