Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is that job easy to do?

Very easy if you can keep the original lights junction box in place. I just removed the old live, neutral and earth wire and put the new ones in and then screwed the light to the joist. Took about 15 mins to do.

That's Marketing slight of hand
The LED device will last a very long time (although dimming slightly), but the capacitors in a hot fitting may only last a year.
I noticed that the CREE ones (still only availiable in the USA) use very good quality capacitors. I really hope we don't get ripped off when they finally get imported to the UK.

They supposedly come with a 5 year warranty, so hopefully they will last more than a year. Do cree actually make their own bulbs then? I know that ebay is flooded with fake cree bulbs. I bought some myself a while back and they all died after a few weeks, but like you said the leds were still ok, it was probably the capacitors that went as I hooked the leds up to a 12v adapter and they worked fine.

Soldato
c5jb.jpg

Intrigued - does this do iPlayer HD?

Soldato
I relented and bought one of those Sky Now boxes for £9.99. Used it a few times for iPlayer so far but was a bit disappointed that the Sky News and Fox News channels aren't actual channels on the box, just a collection of news clips unless I'm missing something.

I guess that is why they are so cheap. IF they had ITV Player and 4OD on too, they would cost a lot more.

Caporegime
Intrigued - does this do iPlayer HD?

Only 720p and only in Stereo.

It's £10 and for Plex it's worth it, not much else though!

The unit is REALLY light, Apple TV is the same size and weigh about 3 times more, obviously that does full HD and full surround sound too (or 720p for ATV2 for the semantics)

Last edited:
Associate
Only 720p and only in Stereo.

It's £10 and for Plex it's worth it, not much else though!

The unit is REALLY light, Apple TV is the same size and weigh about 3 times more, obviously that does full HD and full surround sound too (or 720p for ATV2 for the semantics)

Yup, i'm pretty impressed with it. Put it this way, i've spent £10 on a lot worse things.

Caporegime
Where would one source a large oak worktop to use for making a desk? Mine is currently made from MDF so I would love an upgrade.

Chippyshop on eBay, or look out for someone selling one second hand on eBay or gumtree. People changing their kitchen, installers ballsing up the cutting, etc.

Ikea do them but they're a) not very deep and b) no longer specifying oak as far as I can tell. Presumably it's too expensive for their business model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom