Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I have had a few smartphones, An HTC Touch Diamond, an HTC HD Mini, a Motorola Milestone, an iPhone 3GS, an HTC Sensation 4G and now a Motorola Razr i, and I must say that the one I enjoyed the most was the iPhone. It was also the smoothest to use despite being one of the older ones.

I guess it depends on the person. :)

Last edited:
20131030_125317_HDR.jpg

20131029_125926_HDR.jpg

Parcelforce sent an email explaining their import charge:

Thank you for your email.

I fully appreciate your concern with regard to these charges and an explanation of what they consist of is provided below.

The charges on your parcel are Customs duty and/or VAT. Goods sent from non-EU States, both new and used for business and personal use, as well as from Mail Order companies, are liable to attract Customs charges. A part of the charge is the clearance/handling fee, which is payable to Parcelforce Worldwide. This charge is to cover the cost of administration when Customs raise a charge on imported goods.

Unlike most other carriers, we generally do not charge for Customs clearance except where duty or VAT is payable. In this case, we charge an Inbound Customs Clearance Fee, which covers the cost of presenting the parcel to Customs, opening and repackaging if necessary, paying the Customs duty or VAT on the addressee's behalf and collecting the payment from them.

A black and white label is attached to the parcel giving a breakdown of the charges.

If you have an enquiry related to customs or any other taxes or duties, please contact HMRC through the website www.hmrc.gov.uk and search: ‘Notice 143’.”. Guidance is also published on the Business Link website: www.businesslink.gov.uk please search for: ‘postal import’. You can also write to the UK Border Agency using form BOR286 which can be found within the HMRC Notice 143. Any refund of the VAT and/or customs duty, if applicable, will be made to you directly by HMRC. HMRC will also refund the clearance fee on our behalf again, if applicable.

Please note Parcelforce Worldwide cannot deal with enquiries relating to the raising or setting of VAT or import duties.

I do understand your concern and hope this information has helped to explain the process to you.

If you require any further information or assistance, please reply to this email showing all conversations we have had on this enquiry.

Our hours of business are Mon to Fri: 8am to 5:30pm.

Kind regards

Basharak Hussain
Parcelforce Worldwide
Customer Service Email Team

This still doesn't explain why I was charged £58, the package wasn't opened and repackaged or anything else. The handling fee was £8 with £50 set as import tax according to the invoice.

Bugger them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom