Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I did that once... 10 hours of Epic Fighting :cool:

You'll definitely need those 'pee breaks' at the 'Disc Change' :D ;)

I did the Harry Potters in one weekend too (no sleep either)... Was Fannymertastic!! :cool:

Soldato
I believe the 'Lord of the Rings' Extended movie including all the Sound options and Subtitles is about 70Gb in size (not including any extra featuretes etc..)

If that's correct then it just goes to show what an absolute pile of garbage BR is :( lolsony

OT: got a new N54L today:

j7zk.jpg

Soldato
If that's correct then it just goes to show what an absolute pile of garbage BR is :( lolsony

OT: got a new N54L today:

/IMG][/QUOTE]

You using that HD-DVD drive to backup old HD-DVDs?

Might invest in one of those drives if they can be connected to a PC/Server!

Soldato
What's the white box? Like an odd looking 360.

xbox 360 HD DVD player? Old School :cool:.

Correct, 10 points :p

You using that HD-DVD drive to backup old HD-DVDs?

Might invest in one of those drives if they can be connected to a PC/Server!

Actually I was using it to install Server 2012 on the N54L as I couldn't be bothered fitting an optical drive just for a one off install, the 360 HDDVD drive is my "go to" external drive for around the facility, it plays pretty much any DVD and has a built in USB hub which is useful as some of the machines have limited USB outlets (but if you were interested in using it to backup HD-DVD movies yes you could as it plays them fine on the PC).

/Trolling

Bluray the optical technology is great, 25-50GB plus on a £1 disc is great for backup purposes (though not as useful as in the DVD/CD eras obviously). However Bluray the video media is garbage, its essentially the Betamax of the last format war, Sony basically took the position that the disc was 5x the size of a DVD so they would just make the file size of the video 4-5x to hell with optimization. By comparison HD-DVD could do equal video performance using 1/3 the space due to the vastly superior codec. Instead of Sony using its wallet to swing the format war in favour of the inferior format they should have just forced a collaboration and used BR as the optical medium and used the HD-DVD codec (or another decent one), then you would have been able to have every LoTR film on a single disc, but alas the road not taken.

Soldato
Correct, 10 points :p

Actually I was using it to install Server 2012 on the N54L as I couldn't be bothered fitting an optical drive just for a one off install, the 360 HDDVD drive is my "go to" external drive for around the facility, it plays pretty much any DVD and has a built in USB hub which is useful as some of the machines have limited USB outlets (but if you were interested in using it to backup HD-DVD movies yes you could as it plays them fine on the PC).

Bluray the optical technology is great, 25-50GB plus on a £1 disc is great for backup purposes (though not as useful as in the DVD/CD eras obviously). However Bluray the video media is garbage, its essentially the Betamax of the last format war, Sony basically took the position that the disc was 5x the size of a DVD so they would just make the file size of the video 4-5x to hell with optimization. By comparison HD-DVD could do equal video performance using 1/3 the space due to the vastly superior codec. Instead of Sony using its wallet to swing the format war in favour of the inferior format they should have just forced a collaboration and used BR as the optical medium and used the HD-DVD codec (or another decent one), then you would have been able to have every LoTR film on a single disc, but alas the road not taken.

Nonsense. Both can use H.264. Earlier films on Blu-ray used MPEG-2 though.

Man of Honour
Lumina 520 to replace iphone4(smashed the back on it, otherwise would have waitined for wp8.1 phones)

qejh.jpg

For £110 it's amazing value, fast fluid, much prefer the shape, plastic isn't as nice as glass to touch though.

Soldato
it looks terrible yes. The shift key is fairly bent, and there are some uneven keys but for the iPad I am not too worried, it's easy to type on and good for use in work. It's got two latches on which props the iPad up, I do have another case which I may use if this seems to be flimsy.

Can't complain for the cost, it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom