Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I can't believe I went and sat watching that shower of *****. The best team won easily. It was the first ever football game that I left before the end at 84 minutes on the clock. I have seen some rubbish at Leeds when Warnock was there, but last night was rubbish of the highest degree.

Permabanned
nkge.jpg

Never ceases to amaze what people will waste there money on :rolleyes:

A fool & his money, eh....

Soldato
MrK - have a look at your IE80s very carefully, I bought a fake pair once and had to send them back, there are a lot of fakes of that particular model going around!

Man of Honour
MrK - have a look at your IE80s very carefully, I bought a fake pair once and had to send them back, there are a lot of fakes of that particular model going around!

The seller is sending me the right ones this time, seems he sent the ie80 to a guy in Gloucestershire and I got his Bose - Awaiting tracking details for the iE80 at the moment.

Is there an easy tell as to which ones are fake?

Associate
After a few years wait I've finally got a TV for my home office.

I decided to do away with the things I don't need, namely Smart TV functionality and 3D. We have those features on the Samsung TV downstairs and only used them in the first couple of weeks.

This set is all about the screen, which is really nice. The sound isn't bad either for a fairly slim LED.

Model: UE46F5000

BEo2hhW.jpg.png

8Ey88JL.jpg.png

Associate
mrk - What do you think of the Gregory Heisler book? I've been wanting to get it since Joe McNally recommended it. Does he give any details of camera settings and/or lighting or is it more about telling the story behind the image?

Soldato

I decided to do away with the things I don't need, namely Smart TV functionality and 3D. We have those features on the Samsung TV downstairs and only used them in the first couple of weeks.

This set is all about the screen, which is really nice. The sound isn't bad either for a fairly slim LED.

I recently purchased the model ue46f6670 and am very impressed with it. I'm not a fan of 3d but watched Pacific Rim 3d last night and it was visually excellent.

Associate
I recently purchased the model ue46f6670 and am very impressed with it. I'm not a fan of 3d but watched Pacific Rim 3d last night and it was visually excellent.

That UE46f6670 is a lovely looking set, especially the super skinny bezel.

I've not seen Pacific Rim at all yet so I may as well give the 3D version a go if you recommend it.

Soldato

Nice choice and good reasoning. You could add a wdtv for £60 to give you most of the missing functionality.

Associate
Nice choice and good reasoning. You could add a wdtv for £60 to give you most of the missing functionality.

That's exactly what I have got. I had the wdtv wired when I was using it downstairs but now that it's in the same room as the router I'm using it wirelessly and it works a treat.

Man of Honour
this is what happens when you Buy Other Sound Equipment. :rolleyes: :p

Can you believe, the seller messaged me asking me to post the Bose to the intended owner and that he'd get the other guy to do the same to me with the iE80? I said no, I'd only do it once I have tracking details for the iE80 and then only after postage costs were paid first. The guy sounds genuine enough but a bit clueless on how to handle his own mistakes. Doesn't matter, if there are any issues I'll get the money refunded (used CC for payment via Paypal just incase).

mrk - What do you think of the Gregory Heisler book? I've been wanting to get it since Joe McNally recommended it. Does he give any details of camera settings and/or lighting or is it more about telling the story behind the image?

I have only had a quick skim so far but it does appear to contain lots of pictures showing backstage setup of his lighting and so on. The written parts do appear to go into great detail though, the 2nd study on a portrait of Muhammad Ali in the snow shot details are given and he explains the why and the how. Definitely looks like it's going to be the lighting and technique bible for portraits .

Have a little google for ie80 fake comparison, there are loads of videos on youtube and a few blog posts with detailed pics etc. Helped me no end!

Done a few, now to just wait for them to arrive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom