Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
because you have already bought the car, why do you have to advertise for them as well?

Do you debadge your car? Perhaps you don't want to tell people what your are driving.

Do you carry a plain bag with you when you go shopping? You already bought the item, why walks round with their logo bags.

It's his car, his plate. The plate works, some people don't want to spend pointless money to replace something else that already works. I for one don't notice the dealer plates on cars on the road and if I do, these dealers are almost in places I've never heard of so.

Soldato
Lol, caused a bit of friction here it seems :p. There was a slight rub with the kerb when I parked it if I'm honest.

I haven't really bothered looking at the plates tbh to see what they even say, was bought from a private dealer, 1 previous owner and not particularly fussed about them.

It seems to be pretty good on fuel, even on short trips, even compared to the Ka and the £30 per year car tax is a right winner (£150 for the Ka)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do you debadge your car? Perhaps you don't want to tell people what your are driving.

Do you carry a plain bag with you when you go shopping? You already bought the item, why walks round with their logo bags.

It's his car, his plate. The plate works, some people don't want to spend pointless money to replace something else that already works. I for one don't notice the dealer plates on cars on the road and if I do, these dealers are almost in places I've never heard of so.

I don't think this discussion can be compared to people walking around brandishing brand names on their personal items. Two different things!

What he means is why would you want advertise for a car dealer and I can see the point in that context. I wouldn't want a dealer sticker on my rear window as much as I would not want a stand out dealer tab sticking out of my number plate but to each their own.

Soldato
I bought a Trabant at the weekend. It was a group effort, and we had no choice as on my stag in Budapest we managed to do this...

1004717_10152938703085128_767808381_n.jpg

Excuse the useless pic. Naturally we were slightly panicked at the time and didn't take pics, but my old man (who can't use a phone for toffee) managed to... just.

In terms of stag dos, it certainly will be remembered!

Soldato
Good old Hungarian HUF, it cost us 200,000HUFs in all (or 580quid?) something like that. Which, was bloody good considering their lack of fleet post our trip.

Well, one's engine blew up due to it not staying in gear, meant only had 2 of them, which meant revving the balls of it, which it somewhat didn't take to.

Then, coming down a really steep hill (the brakes on these things are TERRIBLE!) heavy on the brakes and 2nd gear trying to just take any speed off you could. My useless mate came round the bend behind us, couldn't take the speed off (he's useless...) and hit the back of us, which threw the car across the road and flipped it. They're made of cardboard (literally) so it crumpled up. The 3 people in it were so lucky to be fine.
So when we got hit, it punted us massively quickly down the hill in to the one in front and rear ended that, ruining that one too.

Which was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom